16: Strength

The tower had been fixed from the state of the last fight. So much so that the three stopped to stare a little. The door opened and Nat came running out. She hugged Caden and Iris quickly, patting Jamie's head. "Its so good to have you back!" She said with a grin that hid months of sleepless nights worrying about the two super soldiers.

"Its good to be back, did Fury tell everyone we were coming?" Iris asked. Nat shook her head.

"No, just me. Thought you should break the news." Iris grinned. She tugged the kids inside, running straight to the gym where Nat had said Steve was. Caden hung back as they reached the door.

"Mom? What do I say?" Iris paused.

"He understands baby, just be yourself. Be normal." He nodded, Iris threw open the doors, and spun Caden and Jamie back round. "Wow okay." She said suppressing her giggle. Caden wretched a little, making Iris laugh even more. Jamie was too young to understand, but laughed a little too.

"Iris?!" Steve and Bucky said at the same time. Iris bent over, her hands on her knees as she laughed. She heard them fumbling around for clothes. Caden was bright red but he'd started to laugh too. The two boys came out, blushing a little. But as soon as Jamie saw Bucky she ran to him. He picked her up swinging her against him. She snuggled her head into his neck.

"I missed you daddy." She mumbled. "More than I thought I would." she said truthfully.

"I missed you too sweetheart." He said kissing her curls. He opened his other arm to hug Caden. Steve sighed a little. Iris lent back against him.

"I'm sorry." Iris said slowly. Steve shrugged.

"Its okay, he was the one that was there all those years." Steve responded. Iris frowned but said nothing more. Bucky hugged her as the kids moved away. "Does Tony know your here?" Steve said with a grin. Iris shook her head.

"No, but he'd just came to see me as it was." Steve frowned.

"How are you here?" He said confused, his metal arm still supporting his daughters weight.

"Fury had been watching the house, saw Caden had his powers under control and asked me to return and bring the team back together." Bucky nodded.

"Why did Tony come to see you?" Steve asked critically. She smiled, blushing a little. Caden frowned.

"What is it mom? Did he propose?" He asked, a sparkle in his eyes. Iris shook her head.

"No...but your gonna be a big brother again." Jamie squealed.

"Your going to have a baby?" Iris nodded with a laugh. Jamie leapt from Bucky to Iris hugging her tightly. Caden grinned, hugging her from the other side. Bucky was beaming. Steve had many emotions on his face. A little jealousy because this set Iris and Tony in stone pretty much. And although he loved Bucky and he was mostly over her, there was still that tug. He was happy for her too, but he was worried about the stress, and Tony's input.

"So he knows?" Steve asked. Iris nodded.

"He was really happy." Bucky kissed her cheek.

"I'm so...over the moon." He said kindly. She smirked.

"Me too." She gave Jamie back to Bucky. "You kids okay to wait with your dads. I wanna surprise Tony." They both nodded. Iris gave another quick glance at Steve before walking away.

Tony was in the lab, blasting loud
AC/DC. Iris smiled, leaning against the door and watching him work. He was beaming uncontrollably, the soft lines of his face making an almost cartoony expression. She walked forward, leaning on the desk in front of him. He was so focused he didnt see who it was.

"Not now Bruce, I'm in an amazing mood. I'm planning a nu--" he stopped, he had spotted the hands on the desk, and they were not those of the doctor. He looked up at her face, which sported a grin as wide as his own. "Iris?" She smiled kissing him over the mess of wires and metal pieces. "I havent even spoke to Fury!" He said with a chuckle.

"No, he came to me." Iris said, stroaking his rubble. "I'm back Tone." He jumped the desk, making her giggle.

"And your staying, for good?" He nodded. He kissed her again, it was the best type of kiss, the one where you cant get enough of the other person. Where your bodies want only to get closer than the barriers of science and reality will allow. "I love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too." She said back.

~~

Bucky and Steve continued to spar in the gym, Caden was boxing. Jamie watching the three of them. "Daddy?" She piped up. Bucky turned to look at her, long enough for Steve to slam him on the floor. He groaned, Jamie laughed. "Can I try?" She said with a grin. Bucky slowly got to his feet, shrugged and nodded. Steve moved to the side and Jamie stepped into the ring. Bucky dodged her first few, but let her catch her once, he winced.

"Bloody hell." He muttered, a bruise forming on his flesh. Steve gaped. "Your strong sweetheart." He said, she grinned devilishly, she jumped onto his back, swinging onto his shoulders, pulling back, kicking the small if his back with her foot. In seconds he was on the floor again. She stood up taking a bow. Caden smirked.

"Nice to see your taking in Moms lessons." He said with a chuckle. Steve clapped. Bucky grapped her legs pulling her to the floor.

"You let your guard down." She groaned.

"Damn it!" Bucky chuckled. Steve turned to Caden.

"Iris is training her?" He asked, Caden nodded.

"Yeah, like she did me. Jamie has a lot of strength she needs to be able channel it." Steve nodded.

"And how have...uh how have you been doing?" Caden took the wrap from his hands.

"Alright. Thanks dad." Their eyes met for a second. "I'm sorry..." Steve shook his head.

"Its okay. I'm the one who should he sorry If anything I know I'm not very good at this." Caden shrugged.

"I guess we'll learn together." The gym doors swung open and Tony and Iris walked in. Tony had his arm round her waist, his hand resting on her stomach. He said something that made her laugh. She buried her face into his neck. Jamie ran to her, squealing something about hoping the baby was a girl.

Caden sighed. "She's happier isnt she?" Bucky got to his feet.

"Yeah she is." Steve muttered. Caden's face dropped. Bucky put his hand on his shoulder.

"I dont know. She's in love sure, but she's been happy since she escaped Hydra." Caden smiled weakly at Bucky. Steve bit the inside of his mouth. How was he so good at the whole father thing.

"You really think so?" Bucky nodded.

"I do." Tony waved Caden over, he went with a slight bounce in his step.

"How?" Steve muttered. Bucky sighed.

"Steve I love you, but you need to loosen up. You come off as cardboard to him. You freeze, you act like Captain America. He wants to know Steve. Not the army driven solider." Steve took a deep breath.

"I know your right, but I just..." Bucky kissed his cheek.

"You'll get there." Tony had Jamie in his arms crouched on the floor, Caden leaning against his mom. Tony kissed Iris's stomach, Jamie copying. Caden and Iris spoke quietly, she glanced at Steve, only briefly, but it was enough so that the two super soldiers knew the conversation was about Steve.

"Even Tony's better at it than me." Steve said in defeat. Bucky shook his head.

"Dont tell him that he's egos huge as it. Besides, the only reason is because he's Tony to them. Just let them see you and you'll be fine. Jamie likes you anyway." Steve sighed linking their hands as they went to join them. Caden and Iris's conversation falling silent as they approached.