01. I tried so hard to keep this a secret

Iris woke up rubbing her eyes teirdly. "Mommy!" A little girl called from the living room. "Mommy! Caden took my dolly!" Iris groaned internally.

"I have not lived nearly a hundred years for this.." she mumbled getting out of bed. "CADEN! Give Jamie her toy back." She called into the other room.

"But mom..."

"No buts." She said teirdly. She stretched her arms, looking at the clock. It was five in the morning, silently cursing her children for waking early, she went to the bathroom and showered. She dressed in some black jeans and a white shirt which she tied at the bottom. She looked at her scared arms, and shivered.

She turned away, she had a new life, and it was going to work out. She knew it. She put her wet hair up and went out to face her monsters of kids. She smirked, she loved them really. Jamie was sat on the mat her long brown hair that fell around her shoulders made her look so much like her father. She had deep brown eyes, and was incredibly strong for a five year old.

She picked her up on the way past. Their small house was tiny but she had made it herself and she loved it. "Morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" She asked popping her into a chair at the table.

"Good! I had another dream with Daddy in." Iris froze at the cooker. "He was saving me from a burning building this time." Iris took a deep breath.

"That's nice darling. Where's your brother?" She flicked on the gas.

"He went to get water." As if on cue, a tall boy about thirteen walked through the door, his blonde hair and blue eyes standing out in all the dark wood of the house.

"Thanks baby." Iris said taking the bucket from him. He smiled happily at his mom and sat with his sister. "I'm gonna make pancakes." She said going through the cupboard. Jamie laughed happily.

"Mom?" Caden said standing up, he walked next to her and lent against the counter. Iris grunted in response. "I think I saw Dad in town. I ran away i promise. He was with a women, with red hair. The black widow." He said it quietly as not to alert his little sister. Iris couldnt stop the fear flashing across her face.

Iris had had Caden just before Steve was frozen. He hadn't known it was his, she planned on telling him she was pregnant when he got back from the mission. Of course that never happened. Along with Bucky her and Caden had been taken by Hydra. She'd rasied Caden in the complex but when he was ten they'd taken him away. She'd thought they'd killed him, but they'd had persevered him. When she broke out after Bucky had tried to kill her and her unborn daughter, she'd freed him and taken him with her.

"What's he doing here?" Iris said slamming the pan down. "We're fine, I'm not being dragged back into that world." She cursed at the stove.

"Aw! Mommy said a bad word." Jamie said from the table. Iris shut her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Sorry sweetie. Mommy's being naughty." She started cooking, Caden knew better than to push it. He sat back down and began carving his name into the table with his pen knife. Iris said nothing, she didnt have the strength. She served their breakfast. "Eat up kiddies. Then Caden you'd better get going to training." She disappeared into his room to get his bag.

"I've got a fight tomorrow mom." He said flexing his arms. Iris raised her eyes.

"Who against?"

"That Tom kid." Iris winked at him.

"You could beat him blindfolded. Do you want us to come?" He nodded taking his bag. "Okay, we'll go tomorrow, maybe go get ice cream after?" Jamie clapped her hands. Iris smiled. She kissed Caden's cheek, he jumped the half open barn door and ran across the field. Iris watched him go, before starting to do the dishes.