"So let me get this straight," your father stared at Shota outside of the restaurant, his eyes boring into the two of you as Shota held you against his side. "Your mother isn't happy that you finally got together with someone besides that second rate fool?"
"D-dad, it's not a big deal," you muttered.
"Has she even sat down with you two together," he asked. His voice was getting loud and you stiffened. He sighed and rubbed his head. "Well, you two are out of the house."
"Honestly, I don't have the patience to sit with your wife," Shota cut in. Your father stared at him for a moment, raising an eyebrow. "I wanted her to know that it wasn't the family's opinion on her. It was just her mother's."
"Opinion on what," your dad bore into you, his arms crossed and tightening.
"Her quirk," Shota tightened his grip.
"I don't see how the quirk is the problem. It's the original quirk from my side of the family," your father sighed.
You blinked, your eyes going wide, "What are you talking about? All the quirks give or enhance life."
"You can't enhance or give anything if you don't take first," your father leaned over a bit, patting your head. "It was about time the quirk came around again."
"You can't be serious," you muttered.
"Your great grandpa lives to a hundred and fifty on that quirk," he chuckled. Shota smirked and patted your back, your head turning to him.
"Well, I think that's all we needed to hear," he bowed to your father who blinked.
Your father stared at you and motioned down to Shota, covering his mouth so only you could see, "What the hell is he talking about?"
Shots stood straight and smirked, patting your head, "Kitten here was under the impression the family didn't want her. I went through her phone and the only people that were in contact with her were Mythos and her mother." Your father stared before a grin split his face, your eyes widening when he grabbed Shota into a bear hug.
"I'm glad she works with someone like you," your father hummed as he put Shota down on his feet. Your face went red and you rubbed at your cheeks. Your father stared and raised an eyebrow before chuckling. "I want grandkids by the end of the school year."
"Dad," you yelled. Shota's cheeks dusted pink even as he smirked.
"We'll look into it," he nodded.
"Shota," you squeaked. Your father waved, walking off and catching up with Kaito as Shota had you two turn around. "Not okay!"
"They're nice," he nodded. You rubbed your face as you two walked, pulling out your phone and sighing.
"We missed half a day for this," you scolded him. "It's a workday, Shota."
"This was important," he stated. "You needed to hear it for yourself. They didn't treat you any different than how the staff treats you." You fell silent and stared at him. "It's just your mother. Her opinion shouldn't matter when the rest love you."
"You did this because of that panic attack," you asked. He straightened and rubbed his head, the campus coming into view.
"Do you feel better," he asked. You nodded slowly, letting out a sigh and rubbing your cheeks roughly.
"I'm an aunt," you muttered. You slapped your cheeks and sighed out, "He was so cute. Did you see those cheeks?"
Shots laughed and kissed the top of your head before walking onto the campus, "You looked cute, kitten."
"Did you mean it," you asked.
"Mean what?"
"That at some point we'd try," you hummed. He nodded, glancing over and his smile falling a bit.
"You're crying again," he told you. You blinked and rubbed at your eyes, giggling softly.
"Whoops," you sang. "Must have something in my eyes."
"That relieved," he asked. You thought about it for a minute. You didn't feel pressured, you didn't feel the normal foreboding emotions you got when you normally surrounded by family like that.
"I guess I am," you nodded. He grunted and kissed your head.
"I have to head to 1-A. You going to be okay," he asked.
"I'll be fine," you nodded. "I can finally finished the work you interrupted."
"Behave, kitten. I could just use my tools on you later if you don't," you blinked and your face turned red.

You jerked at the training, your body slamming into the ground. Shota's scarf held you, the straps wrapped tightly around you. The purple haired student launched from behind you, his own scarf moving but not as smoothly. The scarf loosened and you grabbed it, wrapping and tying it tightly around your shield before throwing it hard enough to lodge into a a wall not far from you. Shota avoided the student, swinging his weapon around and wrapping it around you again. You grabbed onto it quickly, slamming your boots toe first into the ground hard enough to bury them into the concrete underneath you.
Shota grunted, letting the scarf go and bouncing away from the kid. His hair went up and your body ached. Every part of you felt like it burned and your figure stiffened. You grit your teeth, tightening the grip on the weapon and pulling it. It tightened around his neck and he grunted as you pulled him back into the kids line of fire. The burn ended, the aching vanishing and you started dragging Shota closer to you. He shot to his feet, speeding at you.
His arm collided with your neck, sending you back into the ground. "That's enough for today," he grunted. The kid panted and pulled the mask off his face, leaning over and practically wheezing.
"That hurt," you pushed yourself up, rubbing your head.
"What," he stared at you after pulling his goggles from his face.
"You canceled my quirk," you informed him. "And it hurt."
"How bad," he asked.
"Everything," you nodded. You stared at the purple haired boy, smiling, "You're amazing. I'm sad you're not in the hero course."
"Thanks? My quirk isn't really cut out for combat though," he sighed. "Shinso Hitoshi," he held his hand out and you smiled broadly before hugging him.
"(L/n) (Y/n)," you giggled. "I see why he's training you though." The boy turned a bit pink when you set him down and Shota sniffed quietly.
"You're getting better at dodging," he noted. "I didn't get you as many times as before. Just don't immobilize yourself again." You stared at him and tore your feet from the concrete, crossing your arms from the ease. "Or just brush that off." You pulled your mask down and Shinso stared up at you a bit.
"What's your quirk," he asked.
"I don't- ghoul," your voice droned. Your body straightened up, every part of you relaxing. You took a breath before snapping your head around and stumbling. The boy jerked back, Shota grabbing your elbows and holding you up. You put your head back, letting out a sigh, "I don't like my mind being taken. It's a good quirk but don't use it on me please."
"(Y/n)," Shota sighed.
"I got my brain back," you stated.
"You should have died," Shinso cried.
"Neat trick, huh?"