Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“Why are you walking me home, anyways? Your house is in the opposite direction.”

                “How do you know where I live, you stalker? You’ve never seen my house.” Drake chuckled, caressing an arm over my shoulder.

                I scoffed. “I’m not a stalker. I just…assumed that you lived that way. Whenever we walk home we go separate ways.”

                “Well, I don’t mind walking a few extra miles,” He admitted, grinning down at me. “I guess, as long as you’re with me.”

                “You’re amazing,” I whispered, wrapping my left arm around his waist. “Where do you live? Is your house like a huge, beautiful mansion with a Mercedes and a Ferraris parked in front of it?” I giggled quietly. I could just imagine his house—a gigantic one on beautiful grassland full of expensive antiques and furniture.

                Drake shook his head. “Yes—no—well…I don’t know. Yeah, I guess. It’s not a super big mansion, but it’s a pretty large house.”

                “With beautiful mountains, rolling hills, a huge water fountain out back…”

                “Metal sculptures of me taking a bull by the horns, a really big pool in my room and a Jacuzzi…” Drake laughed.

                I chuckled. “Yeah, you’re living the dream.”

                “No, I don’t really have those things. My house is pretty big, but it’s only sitting smack-dab in the middle of a random clearing. Thankfully, though, there’s not another house for miles.” He explained.

                “Beautiful,” I thought aloud. “I’d love to be you. You actually have parents that get along, you have a wonderful house, everyone loves you…”

                “Yeah, Lucy loves me. All the other guys just think I’m hot.”

                I frowned at him. “True, true. But that’s why you’re so popular.”

                Drake groaned. “Oh, whatever. None of those girls are as awesome as you are.”

                My frown disappeared and I came to a sudden stop, craning my head over my shoulder towards the gravel driveway. “Well, here we are.” I grumbled, slowly turning my eyes back to him. He was staring at my house behind me with a bright smile on his face.

                “Are you sure I can’t come in?” He asked, shifting his gaze to me.

                “Oh, I don’t know,” I admitted, “You know Mom might not be so happy with me bringing a random guy into our house,"

                “So I’m just a ‘random guy’ now, huh?” Drake was the one who frowned this time.

                I giggled. “All right, you can come in, but you’re going to have to sneak in through my window.”

                “Isn’t it on the second floor?” He sighed.

                “Yup,” I flashed him a crooked smile. “Why, is that going to be a problem?”

                “No, no problem,” he confessed, “it’s just…I’m not a fan of climbing trees.”

                “Why?”