|THREE|

2,316 words

Night had fallen as quickly as the sun had rose, time for Raine seemed to fly by. It had been two days since Atticus returned to camp and she has barely gotten a chance to see him. He was so close to her and yet, still so far away. Atticus had been consumed with his family, which was rightfully so and than he had to go over all the details of what had happened to him - that Raine just wasn't able to get into his schedule.

It almost felt like he was avoiding her, willing do anything as long as it kept him away from her. She prayed, that this was simply her insecurities talking, however, she couldn't be sure. It was clear he had been through so much since being down on the ground, he was different. In the short time that she had spent with him, she could see the changes. He was more mature, darker even.

Of course, she kept herself busy as well; she didn't want to appear as though she was following him around, even if she was. "In a totally non creeper way," she continued to tell herself, everytime she snuck around a corner to catch a glimpse of the boy. Raine could see that he was in pain and she wanted to be there for him, to be his shoulder as she had been before and now she found him leaning on those who belonged as 'his people'. The 100, they were his people now. They suffered the same pains that Atticus did and in a way she found herself jealous of those bruised and bloodied kids.

Those kids got to know Atticus on a level that she would never understand.

Raine sloutched against the wall, her head hung low in defeat. She didn't want to just give up and leave him alone, all the torment she had suffered on the Arc would have been for nothing. She needed to speak to him, even if he didn't want to talk to her, she had to get this off of her chest; as a way of closure for herself.

"Raine," a female voice grabbed the girls attention. The brunette glanced up, returning herself into the world around her and out of her internal emotions.

"Mrs. Griffin," she put on a fake smile, "what are you doing up so late?"

"I could ask you the same," the Doctor crossed her arms as she looked the teen from head to toe.

"I-I," her voice shook and than she sighed, "I'm waiting for Atticus. He was getting a check up on his shoulder."

"Ah," Abby nodded her head, "yes, I know. I was the one looking at it."

"Of course," Raine laughed before bitting her lip, "I'm sorry. My brain has been all over the place lately."

"A lot has happened, its understandable, dear," she placed a hand on Raines shoulder in a motherly manner.

A silence settled over the two as Raine took in her words and thought over exactly how much had in fact changed. Everything was different now, it had been only days and she felt as if she had aged in years.

"I'm done in there, you know," Abbie began with a nod in the direction of Atticus, "you can go in."

"Oh," Raine pushed herself off of the wall and stared at the entrance and than turned back to Doctor Griffin, "Thank you!"

She watched as the older women smiled and than began to walk away. With a heavy sigh she turned back towards the red tarp that seperated her and Atticus. A heavy weight began to form on her shoulders, she had no idea what was going to happen. Would he tell her what he'd been through? Would he try to run away from her again? Raine wasn't sure if she could handle his abesence any longer.