Chapter 29: Selfish

(Yoooooo I cant add as much Ryushot anymore ;-; That means more Nejitama ;-;.)

Nejire's mother picked her up from the hotel. Ryuko and Shinya weren't there to wave her goodbye but Reiko was. Reiko was such an angel. She was cuter than Momo and Eri to be honest.

"Hey sugar pea, what's with the sad face?" Her mother asked. Nejire just said she didn't want to talk about it. Her mom and Ryuko weren't as close as Nejire and Ryuko but they certainly had each other's phone numbers. She'd just ask her later.

The drive home was quite long. Nejire just put her hair on the window, looking out at the city and homes they passed by. Hey, she didn't get motion sickness, so that was pretty good. At least she wouldn't get sick while looking out then window.

Nejire was quiet but her throat clogged up again. She hoped her mom had her music up loud enough so she wouldn't be able to hear her crying, or trying not to cry... She couldn't believe she was crying over a guy again. Goddamn, why can't she pull herself together and stop crying. She needed her friends.

She wanted to talk to Mirio. Mirio would at least know how she felt. He was a gloomy bitch on the first day of First year. Jesus, first year was not a good look for him, Yuyu, or herself. Mirio was sad and depressed, understandable, Yuyu was an edgy rat, and Nejire... Nejire had horrible acne. Mirio would definitely understand how she felt if she put two and two together correctly. Tamaki was his friend.

Why was she so freaked out over being rejected? That's why she was sad, not that Tamaki was a runaway kid... God she was a selfish prick. Wait, she didn't think something through...

Taishiro was his Uncle, so he'd run there and no one bothered to check? No, made no sense. He was homeless for several years, then met up with Taishiro? Poor baby! Nejire was impressed by him.

When the drive was over, Nejire hopped out, put her bags away and just told her mom she'd walk to Yuyu's home. Kaoruko and Mirio were apparently already there. Yuyu seemed worried when she cried to her over the phone earlier. Nejire got to enjoy a few hours of Disney before her mom picked her up. Of course that meant she only got to ride ten rides.

"Nejire!" Her mom shouted. Her mom feared for her every time she went to Yuyu's place. Instead of a worried expression on her face, she threw Nejire's pepper spray at her. Nejire caught it and waved to her nicely.

Yuyu's place was only a twenty five minute walk away, no biggie. They were probably hanging out at the park and not Yuyu's home.

The walk there was quite eventful. Lies, it was boring as hell. She was still thinking about how she almost lost large amounts of hair. She was that saddened by a damn rejection. Hair cutting sad?

When she finally got to the park, Charles was held back by the chain Yuyu held. "Down baby." She ordered. Charles obeyed. Her friends were hanging on the jungle gym.

"Hey Nejire, what'd the bad man do?" Mirio said in a baby voice. They all did the voice just so she would laugh.

"He said he liked me but we couldn't be together." She said in a bit of a depressing tone. "Woah!" She shouted as she fell through the jungle gym. Charles started snapping at him.

"Charles!" Yuyu said. "I'll take him home..." she grumbled.

"No! I love Charles!" Nejire whined. "Don't take the last thing I love away from me!" She put a hand on her forehead. She was being so dramatic. "I love you!" She shouted out towards the feisty Rottweiler.

"If he didn't want to date you he must've had a reason." Yuyu shrugged. She wasn't that concerned, just wanted to make her feel better. That definitely didn't make her feel better though.

"But he was so cute!" Nejire whined.

"Oh, how was the wedding?" Mirio asked. He was curious since he wasn't invited and all...

"Oh, it was fine up until the part where he rejected me." Nejire said in a casual tone. She took a pack of gum from her pocket and took a piece.

(Wait- WAIT NO NO NO I DIDNT WANT THIS-)

"Got any pictures?" Mirio asked. He liked watching wedding videos and crying. Especially when it was a Disney wedding.

Ryuko had sent her the wedding photos. Like, almost all of them. They were in good quality and Nejire looked hot so...

"Yeah." She said.

Nejire climbed out of the jungle gym, sitting on top of the dome with her friends. She watched Charles continued to try and bite her but she just put her knee up so he knew to back off. (I've been told by my dog owner friends that's how you tell a dog to get down without hurting them.) Nejire showed them the pictures of Ryuko and Shinya's wedding.

"That's adorable! She looks so happy!" Kaoruko gushed. She switched to the reception pictures wear they cute the cake, 'threw' the bouquet, and the last dance where she was rejected.

"That's nic-" Mirio was interrupted.

"That's where he broke my heart." She said smiling. "But look, they rode off in the Cinderella Carriage!" Nejire smiled and started sniffling.

"C'mere sugar bear!" Yuyu said, holding her arms out. "Hold Charles." She said, giving the chain to Mirio. Yuyu gave Nejire a big hug while Nejire sobbed.

"I almost cut my hair for him." She said. Yuyu's eyes widened. "I held the scissors for five minutes and almost cut it all!" She whined.

"You'd still be cute. Long or short hair. We love you sugar bear." Yuyu said, running her hand through Nejire's hair. "Isn't that right."

"Of course it's right dummy!" Kaoruko shouted. Charles started freaking out.

"We love you too Charles."

(I love Charles-

Oh and I just found out something important :/. The fact that I forgot it when I started has me baffled.)