Chapter 30: Limbo

You awoke to your alarm going off. It was Monday morning. Fuck. You rolled in your bed, sighing heavily as you rubbed your eyes. You were exhausted.

You and Kylo had spent much of the remainder of Saturday night in the bath, then settled in bed to watch more Star Wars before you passed out. Sunday was spent cleaning the cabin and packing the groceries and your clothes. Kylo needed to be back in Alderaan before 3:00pm because he had to go to campus for something. He didn't say what. He dropped you off back at your dorm and then went to go do his business. Your truck was still in the same spot, covered in an inch or so of snow, sitting pretty. You remembered to thank Jannah for keeping an eye on it.

You didn't see Kylo for the rest of the day Sunday, and he hadn't texted or called Sunday night. It made you feel weird. You had just spent ten whole days together, and then as soon as you guys were back in Alderaan it was like he had completely fallen off the grid. You weren't sure why you were expecting anything else from him, but a girl could dream. Leia and Han weren't back yet from their cabin, and they wouldn't be till Monday afternoon, so you had your dorm to yourself.

As soon as you were back in Alderaan though, you texted her and your parents. Letting them know that you were alive. You texted Pax too to get the schedule, and sure enough you were opening Monday morning with him. A part of you felt defeated. You had just had the best week of your life, and all of a sudden it was just over. Back to normal as if it didn't happen at all.

But that's how most Reading Weeks went. You'd go home and get used to being with your parents, then you'd have to go back to doing everything yourself. It felt like that still, from having Kylo literally do everything for you, to you settling on toast for dinner Sunday night.

You glanced at your phone, it was almost 5:45am. Shit. You didn't have time to wash your face, so you brushed you teeth and threw on some jeans and a t-shirt. You grabbed your bag and a jacket and darted outside your dorm. You basically sprinted through the tunnels underneath the school and made it to work at 5:58am.

Panting, you ran into the back room. "Shit. Pax I'm sorry I'm late!" You spun around, looking for him. He was nowhere to be found. You put your bag and jacket on a hook and walked to the front. The coffee cadence was started, and everything was done. Even the pastry case was full and the oven was turned on. You were met with Pax's ass hanging out the fridge on cold bar. You smiled and snuck up behind him.

*SMACK* You slapped his ass lightly, but enough that he jumped further into the fridge. "Who the fuc––" He yanked himself from the fridge, his arms swinging like he was going to hit whoever just slapped him. His anger turned into excitement as soon as he laid eyes on you.

"BITCH YOU'RE BACK HELL YES!" He jumped to his feet, pulling you into his lanky arms squeezing you so hard. "Girl, I fucking missed you! That is the longest we've ever gone without talking! I was going insane without you." He was breathing hard and squeezing you with every word. "But OMG tell me everything!" He pried himself from your arms, the biggest smile spread across his face.

"PAX! Ugh I missed you too bitch. Like so much. There were so many times that I wanted to text you or call you!" You were just about to start telling him about your week when you heard someone clear their throats at the till. Shit, that's right. You were late and it was now 6:04am. Officially open. You didn't even have your apron, realizing that you forgot it in your room. For fucks sake.

You gave Pax a quick glance and he jerked his chin to the back room. You nodded politely at the customer as you scurried into the back room, rummaging through the aprons hanging on the hooks. You found one that looked somewhat clean and tossed it on. You'd have to do without your nametag today, but oh well. Most customers knew who you were anyways.