Eternity- Prologue

Prologue

Forks, Washington State- America

10th of June, 2023

"Nessie, have you seen my sneakers?" Jake asked from the kitchen.

"You lost them the last time you shifted!" I called back. He grunted and walked into the living room bare foot. I patted the space of couch beside me.

"We're getting a bit short on money," he sighed.

"It's not like we have to worry about buying baby stuff!" I protested. "Aunt Alice had all that covered as soon as she smelled the baby."

"Yes, but food and water and clothes-"

"It's all taken care of, babe." I assured him. "Grandpa will be over soon to give me a check up, so make yourself comfortable."

As soon as I said it there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Jake shouted, turning on the football. My grandfather, Carlisle Cullen, strolled into the room and knelt down beside me. I petted my swollen belly happily.

Jacob and I had been married for three years- even though, technically, I'm only thirteen years old. I found out I was pregnant eight months ago, and by then I was already a month along. My dad almost killed Jake when we told him...

"You're all good, Ness."Grandpa assured me. "But the baby's expected at any moment."

Just as he was about to leave, a terrified scream escaped me.

My water broke.

"Grandpa, Grandpa, Grandpa!" I cried as contractions shot through me. Jake jumped to my side and took hold of my hand.

"Is it coming?" he asked excitedly. "Is the baby coming?"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GOOD FOR NOTHING DOG?!" I screamed back. Grandpa Carlisle whipped out his phone, talking urgently to whoever was on the other side. In a split second the rest of my family was there. All eight of them.

My cousin, Opal, rushed over to me and took my hand. She was a new vampire in the family, adopted in by Aunt Rosalie and Uncle Emmett. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it reassuringly. She was only fourteen when she was turned.

"Renesmee!" my mom cried and rushed to my side. Man, I didn't realise so many people were going to witness the birth of my first child...I hope they prepared for a lot of screaming.

"Mom," I groaned. "This hurts!"

"It's okay, baby, it's going to be alright." She cooed back. My father made a face.

"I don't think I can handle this," he whispered.

"THAT'S IT!" Grandma Esme shouted loudly. Everyone turned to her. "ALL MEN OUT OF THE ROOM! NOW! YES, THAT INCLUDES YOU CARLISLE!"

"I'm staying," Jacob stated. "I have a right to see my child born."

Jacob... HE did this to me. This was HIS fault.

I grabbed the nearest thing (which happened to be a phone book) and threw it at him. It hit him square in the head.

"Wha-?"

"You BASTARD!" more screaming, of course. "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

"I think it'd be safer if you left the room, Jacob." Grandma said calmly. Jake nodded and hurried out the door.

"Just keep breathing, Nessie, just keep breathing." Aunt Rose whispered soothingly in my ear. Mom stroked my hair and Aunt Alice jumped around excitedly.

Soon enough a baby's cry filled the air.

"Finally!" I groaned. "It's over!"