"What are you doing here?"

Yui felt an impending doom, as she tried to weasel out of the situation, directing the question at him instead. "What are you doing in a church?"

His hands went into his pockets as he fished out an apple. Handing it to her, he meekly replied, "That apple tree gives some good fruits. I was worried about Ruki so I came here to take my mind off."

Yui was unconvinced, but didn't pry further. "All right."

Yuma picked her up in his arms, bridal style. Felling the ground slip beneath her feet, she squeaked. "Yuma kun!"

He supported her entire body weight in one hand. His hands went over his messed up bun, as he pulled it free, letting his brown locks wild. She put a palm against his firm chest, and whimpered. "Yuma kun."

"Give me your blood." Yuma swiftly slipped away her shoulder strap, revealing her bruised neck. Angry red marks turning blue as she was being rapidly drained of blood. He brought his head closer towards her skin, smelling the sweetest aroma, enveloping him. He was met with no resistance as he bit into her ravenously, her shoulders shuddering as he sucked like a rabid animal.

He brought her closer, her chest flush against his, his palm against the small of her back, her hands digging into his back. He gulped, and grunted as her head lolled backwards, her feet kicking in a knee jerk reaction.

He removed his fangs, and licked her skin. "Don't fall asleep on me, sow! The fun is just getting started."

He brought his hand against her neck, and quickly realised that this wasn't normal. Her eyes were half lidded, but unfocused. Even when their faces were inches apart, she didn't react, as though she'd dissociated herself. Her breathing slowed down, her chest barely raising against his. Her mouth opened a bit, as if a suppressed scream barely escaped her lungs, that had already given up.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!" Yuma tried to shake her up, trying to keep her awake. "Hey sow! Don't do this!"

Her hands lost their grip over his shoulders, and the cross slipped away from her grasp, falling into the grass, unnoticed by either of them. Amongst Yuma's confused rambling and Yui's dead silence, the cross managed to stay undiscovered, as he raced back towards the mansion.

"Don't worry sow!" Yuma said as he jumped over the stone wall, Yui unresponsive, almost dead in his arms. "Four eyes might know what happened to you! Stay awake for god's sake, Eve!"

Yui seemed to register, as her lips hinted the shadow of a smile. Whether the fact that this monster just uttered the name of god, or that he was concerned for her, or that he called her Eve, nothing seemed real. Her reality seemed to bleed over her dream, as the mansion turned into the tree with golden leaves, a rhythmic ticking of a clock, as she breathed out a name.

Adam.

***

Subaru stood in the garden of white roses, as the tower where his mother was  captive. His dagger still in his hand, he promised himself. I'll do it soon enough. His chest heaved heavy as he could clearly hear his mother having another one of her fits. It's not easy to shut those sounds off when you're cursed with heightened senses. She cried over and over again, banging her head on the bars as she screamed. "Don't do it to me brother! Don't do it to me! He's a monster, I'll be doomed!"

Subaru felt disgusted. He didn't even have the heart to put his mother out of her misery. He brushed his light locks aside, hearing his mother descend more into her madness. Had she been sane, would she behold her son the same way he had seen Beatrix watch Shu? Would she call him a monster still? Her being sane wouldn't change the fact that he was a product of incest, would it? He would still be a disgusting thing to look at. He would still be an abomination.