Chapter 1

Veronicas POV

I gazed out the car window at the sign as my car drove past it.

𝑅𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑝𝑒𝑝!

This was it. My new life in a new town far from everything I knew and loved back in New York but all I can think about is the fact that my parents stole me away from my life to move to there childhood home to have a "new start" but I'm not buying it. My parents always have a motive but I haven't had enough time to figure it all out yet.

I felt the car come to a stop and my mother turned her head to face me "we're here mijah" she smiled. I subtly rolled my eyes as I stepped out of the limo.

As my parents led me to the front door I glanced around at the town and couldn't help notice how small it was but more importantly how small the apartment was.

I went through the lobby and up to the apartment where a bottle of wine was waiting in the centre of the dining room table with a note attached to it

'Mr and Mrs Lodge'

I shrugged and opened the bottle and poured myself a glass, it brought back all the memories of New York and how I would drink away all my problems at parties. Escaping and forgetting my problems was the only thing I knew. "Veronica we aren't in New York anymore you can't underage drink in this town" Hiram said as he entered the room with Hermione.

I finished what was left in the glass before looking at them "of course" I smiled sarcastically as I put my glass down and went to my room.

*𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦*

"Veronica remember we are here for a fresh start. You can stop with the rebellious acts you used to do in New York" Hiram stated as I came downstairs wearing a black mini skirt and purple long sleeve with black dots and my iconic pearls, ready to leave for school.

"I wouldn't call us a family anymore daddy" I grabbed my bag and touched up my makeup before turning to leave "Not so fast Mijah" Hiram said causing me to stop and face him again. He walked closer to me and and touched my pearl necklace that was around my neck "I gave you these remember, when you wanted to be apart of this family and our life. You can't back out now"

He pulled his hand away and turned away from him and continued heading down to the lobby where my driver was waiting. As I slid into the backseat of the car I felt my stomach twist at the thought of going to a new school. Will anyone like me? Or will I be stuck alone in this town? I shook my head to clear my thoughts. No. I owned New York why should Riverdale be any different and if my father really thinks I'll be his perfect daughter again he has another thing coming.

My car pulled up outside the large doors of Riverdale High and my car door was opened for me "thank you" I smiled sweetly at Andre as I climbed out of the car.

First impressions was key for a new school so I knew that even though the knot in my stomach was twisting tighter as I walked into the hallway, I had to be confident. As soon as I stepped foot in the school all eyes were on me some of the jocks even whistled but i ignored it 'attention is good' I thought to myself as I made my way to the office with my head held high to collect my things for the first day.

***

I left the office with my timetable in hand and instructions from Mr Weatherbee to go to the student lounge where I would find students that could show me to my classes. I rounded the corner to see the lounge in front of me, I walked through the door confidently. I glanced around the room at the people sitting on the couches, there were football players scattered around the room but I immediately noticed a gorgeous blonde haired girl with her hair pulled back into a tight pony tail, a little to tight if you ask me. She was sitting next to a boy wearing a crown shaped beanie and with an 'S' t-shirt but they only caught my attention for a few seconds before I locked eyes with the best looking red head I had ever seen.

He smiled at me before I broke eye contact to speak and stop my face from going anymore red "Hi my name is Veronica Lodge. I'm new and I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me out?" I looked across the room at a boy who was wearing a varsity football jacket, he stood up and walked towards me.

"I'm Reggie Mantle and I can help you out" he smirked. I was really hoping that the redhead would offer but I could use Reggie to get under my parents skin so for now I needed to play along.

"Thanks. I have biology first. Can you take me there?" I smiled as I touched his arm flirtatiously and he smiled "sure let's go" he put his hand on my back as he lead my out of the room and to my first class.

Hey guys! I know this was pretty boring but the story has to start somewhere and I promise it will get way more interesting soon!