Chapter 4

I really should get sleeping pills.

All the tension I felt had started to repercuss on my own body.

I only ate a meal a day so I guess I could say I had become as thin as some kind of wire.

But it wasn't what mattered the most to me because I could just hide in oversized clothes.

I sighed.

Tonight I'm supposed to be going on this "date" with Kyle, so I better shake myself up a bit.

Taking a seat in the subway as it arrived, I reached for my phone, wanting to send Kyle a message.

"Hi, it's Lucy. I was wondering if tonight was still okay for you."

I stretched a little, waiting for his answer.

My phone rang, making me sigh in relief.

I love people who answer quickly.

"Yup! I'll pick you up at 7 PM."

I looked at my phone and set up an alarm for 6 PM.

He's probably going to bring me to a fancy restaurant, so I'd better look for something to wear after my shift.

I tied my hair, put on my shoes, and went for another workday.

I spent the whole day wondering I spent day wondering where Kyle was going to take me, and most importantly, what kind of food we would get.

Not that food motivated me, I just found some comfort in it.

I liked to eat when my mind allowed me to.

As I got out of my job I took the subway.

What should I wear tonight...?

The more of it I thought, the more I realized I'd never been on a date.

The "normal world" was still something I was not used to, leaving me a little perplexed at each thing I discovered.

I smiled softly as I remembered the first time I got lost in the city, wandering as if I didn't miss a single detail of everything around me.

Now, I think I'm pretty okay with it.

Except when I see planes.

Planes are fascinating.

As I got into what seemed to be a tiny boutique, the owner immediately welcomed me with a smile, as she was dealing with another client.

I silently started to check the clothing racks, somehow drawn to them.

These dresses are really pretty.

"May I help you with something?" The owner ended up saying as she gently appeared before me.

I tilted my head, still unsure about how to respond to her.

"Yes... I'm looking for something to wear on a date."

The lady let out a warm giggle.

"Oh, I see. Give me a second, I got what you need."

The lady took out two dresses and a jumpsuit, which was also very classy.

I immediately glanced at the first dress, which was tinted in a surprisingly soft blue.

This blue reminds me of...

I looked away, a bit uneasy.

Why am I thinking about Leon right now?

I ended up choosing the other dress, which was gladly anything but blue.