Epilogue

"So? What happened next?" He asked as I nervously laughed.

"Well, he escaped with my wallet, so I had to chase him all over the city! My legs still hurt just thinking about it." I finally complained as Leon sighed at the other end of the line.

"I hope you got it back, at least." He added as I looked thoughtfully at my desk.

"Well, obviously I got it back. On the other hand, the person who stole it, uh... I may have knocked him out a little too hard, so I hope he's alive..." I half-joked.

Well, if I happened to kill someone on my three months trip, the president wouldn't be so cool about it.

He laughed.

Oh my god, his laugh is so...

"It should be okay. You're not that strong." He added.

My eyes widened.

That jerk...!

"H-hey, what does it mean?! I'm pretty sure I could knock you out too if I wanted to!" I growled.

"Tsk. There's no chance."

I pouted as I felt my pride be shattered in pieces by a single voice.

He dared.

"You'll see, Leon. I'll make you regret it." I added.

"Can't wait to see." He joked.

My heart pounded faster.

It's not fair, he's stronger than me on these points.

But I wasn't going to give up in front of him, even if I certainly knew I was going to regret it later.

"If you can't wait, then come and see yourself. I won't be moving an inch." I dared him.

"Deal?" He challenged me back.

I grimaced.

"Bullshit, you can't. You're working." I replied.

"I'm on vacation." He finally stated, while I strangely remembered my conversation with the president.

"I think he was even planning to take his first vacation, the last time I saw him."

Of course.

"Oh, well. You're on vacation."

He cleared his voice.

"Anyway, how's your trip going?"

I smiled softly.

"I'm enjoying it. I've been visiting so many wonderful places that I feel like my brain has forgotten everything else." I first said, trying to remember what I'd seen.

"And not to mention the Art and architecture here. It's really... inspiring." I added.

Europe had been such a refreshment for my exhausted eyes that I somehow wished I'd live here.

But it'd ruin the concept of "vacation", and, anyway, I had gotten quite sick of eating delicious things.

When I get home, I think I'll stick to rice for at least a week.

"That's good. Still planning to go to France next week?" He asked.

I sighed.

"I don't know. I have the train tickets and all, but... Maybe I should also take some rest before I get back to the US." I mentioned.

He went silent for a while.

"I still think I'll go, anyway. I've always dreamt of going there, I'd be dumb not to." I added as I could hear him sigh at the other line of the line.