Veridia had her doubts because the girls were only half mermaids but at the end she agreed because Mimmi saved the Mako many times as well, so she knew she could trust her. Mimmi thanked her and she promised that she won't let her down.

***************************

Back at school the three kids were enjoying their lunch break when Dylan remembered that he should ask his mother for permission to go to the zoo that afternoon and Hayley agreed.

"Come on guys, relax a little it's the first day, it's not like we will have homework or something" Alex tried to make them relax.

They tried contacting their mothers and they were super happy when they said okay. Hayley told Dylan that their mothers were together again.

Dylan wasn't surprised, "My grandpa told me that they were inseparable since they were little!" he said "Oh plus they used to hang out at Mako with aunt Rikki" he added.

Hayley whispered that she heard a legend that Mako was the home of mermaids. Alex made fun of them "What are you saying? That your mothers are part of something fishy?".

Dylan and Hayley laughed at his failed attempt to make a joke and they all left to go to the library to get some books for their next class.

***************************

After receiving the calls from their kids, Emma and Cleo decided to take a walk at the marine park with Rikki. The marine park always made them nostalgic, they had so many memories there.

They were talking about the past and Cleo joked about the time the girls thought she was eloping with Zane. Emma laughed "It was Kim's fault! She used to be a moving disaster! How is Zane by the way?" she asked.

Rikki said that he was still running the café, but she hadn't seen him for six years. Emma said that she visited the café recently, but she didn't see him. "Am sorry I wasn't there at the beginning, that place is amazing!" she added.

"Well you didn't miss much" Cleo replied "Except that comet that almost destroyed Earth..." she said sarcastically.

Rikki then made a point that Bella was the greatest hit of the café and that she was really proud that she followed her dream and she became a successful singer.

The girls agreed and Rikki took the chance to try and convince them to come with her and train with the pod. She even got to the point to beg them and Cleo decided to give the pod a shot. Emma wasn't convinced  since they hadn't told their children that they were mermaids yet and learning new skills with the pod might make the kids suspicious.

Rikki was shocked that they were still keeping that secret from their kids but Cleo explained to her that wasn't that easy. Emma added that kids would start to ask questions or put them at risk by bragging at their classmates. However the girls agreed to train with the pod because new skills will help them be more careful.

***************************

When school ended, the three kids were excited and started walking towards the zoo. Suddenly Hayley's phone rang, it was her mother. She answered and she looked very disappointed but she didn't tell them what the call was about, she just bailed on them without an explanation.

Dylan seemed worried about her and tried to follow her, but Alex told him that it would be better to let her go. The two boys went to the zoo alone and Dylan was amused by the kangaroos but Alex was flirting with some girls he just met.

A long time passed and they decided that it was time for them to go home. On their way home, Alex was bragging about how the girls gave him their Instagram names and Dylan was wandering why he was still his friend. But deep down he knew he wasn't all about the girls and they continued walking happily together.

***************************

Cleo when she finished her walk with the girls, she went home and decided to tell Lewis about what Rikki told them while preparing dinner. She told him everything, even the smallest detail!

Lewis was very supportive "I think it's a great idea! It's good to have control, plus we could use the help of some more experienced mermaids if something happens." he said.

Cleo was glad he was being so open to it, but she was worried about Dylan. She didn't want to drag him in everything and she wanted to keep him safe, plus he was just a kid and kids his age can't keep their mouths closed. Lewis reassured her that everything was going to be okay and they would get pass this together, like they always had.

Then unexpectedly Dylan came in ruining their cute moment and they all went to the table to eat dinner. "So how was your first day?" Cleo asked Dylan.

"Oh it was boring, but I did get a job as the librarian assistant with Alex and Hayley!" he replied.

"And what about the zoo?" she asked. ".

The kangaroos were so cute, but Hayley left before we even got there. Did something happen to aunt Emma or uncle Ben?" he asked hoping to find out why Hayley left so quickly.

But Cleo told him that everything was okay, Emma just couldn't go get Maya from kindergarten so Hayley had to pick up her little sister instead. Dylan was relieved and they continued eating their dinner.

***************************

Around the same time, at Emma's house they were eating dinner as well. Emma was thanking Hayley that she helped with her sister even though she really wanted to go see the kangaroos and then told her that she would have to pick Maya from school for the next few weeks.

Hayley wasn't excited about it, but she agreed because they explained that Ben worked late and Emma had a job to take care of. The dinner continued with Maya and Hayley arguing about who is more annoying as usual.

***************************

Meanwhile, Mimmi was talking with some other mermaids about what tricks and how they should train the girls, when she realized that's she had already done this once before with Evie!

She quickly swam to Evie's house to get her advice on what to do. Evie was so excited to hear that they had found more half mermaids like her and immediately offered to help. After all, she's been through that process already and she would be the best person to help them.

***************************

Rikki on the other hand, went out for a swim near Mako. After that, she was tired so she decided to go to the café when she came across an unexpected old friend. It was Zane!

He looked at her and in his eyes you could clearly see the excitement. But Rikki, had some unresolved, complicated feelings. He waved at her and she awkwardly waved back, took her juice and left before he got the chance to talk to her.