Chapter Sixteen: The Battle Within The City

Mulai dari awal

"Oh come on, where did your guts fly off to?" Feyre asked out loud. "Come on, show the people how Solace is not just physically beautiful but strong too."

Sabay kaming napatingin sa gawi niya. Hawak-hawak na ni Feyre sa leeg ang dalawang players. Sinasakal niya ang mga ito gamit ang kadena. Their complexions were turning pale. Kalaunan ay unti-unti silang naglaho. They met their death at the hands of our ever bloodthirsty cat.

"Can fight you guys alone~" mayabang na tugon ni Feyre.

The girl was already burning with anger. "Ano ba ang tinatayo-tayo niyo diyan?! Fight them!" sigaw niya sa tatlong kasama.

Mabilis na gumalaw ang mga kasama niya at pinalibutan siya. She readied her staff and chanted a spell. A blazing red lava appeared below me. It grew larger and hotter by each second. Napansin iyon ni Feyre kaya nilusob niya ang babae. However, the enemy rogue cut her way. Naglaban ang dalawa. A battle between whips and chains.

"Sol, you need to get out of there!" Hex shouted. "That lava will blow up and burn you to ashes!"

I tried to take a step back from the burning lava, but it followed me. Frowning and thinking that it will vanish if I defeat the mage, inatake ko siya. Their leader, Calvin, who was actually a warrior, came to her defense. Tuwang-tuwa niyang sinalubong ang espada ko.

The lava under my feet was beginning to burn. Sa sobrang init nito ay parang naliligo na ako sa pawis. Malakas na tumawa ang babae habang nakatingin sa'kin.

Behind her, Feyre was busy. I can tell that she wants to come to my rescue, but the enemy rogue's whips were too fast and it always catches her when she tries to escape. Hex can't do anything because he specializes in healing - kaya ang nagagawa niya lang ay ang istabilize ang HP ko.

"Bye-bye." The mage smiled and flicked her staff.

Pinilit kong iblanko ang mukha kahit na sa loob-loob ay natatakot ako sa mangyayari. Maybe I should jump out when it blows up. Or maybe I won't die... I mean I have good endurance. Hindi ko nga masyadong nararamdaman ang lava. Pero baka sobrang sakit na nito kapag sumabog?

"Bitch, her armor will handle that weak fire!" nakahirit pa si Feyre.

The enemy mage laughed. "Maybe that however what happen if armor of hers burn out? Hindi ba't mawawalan na siya ng suot?!"

"Itagalog mo na lang kaya- aray! Kinakausap ka? Kinakausap ka, ha, whipgirl? Napaka-ano mo."

Amidst some of the people's protests outside because of my situation, may ibang humalakhak dahil sa sinabi ni Feyre. Seriously, that girl won't hesitate to roast or insult you even on extreme and crucial situations.

A splurge of fire burst upwards. The once burning red circle was gone and it now looked like a fountain of lava. I could hear some cries and shouts from the audience. I could also hear the mage's maniacal laugh. Pero, weirdly, wala akong naramdaman. I couldn't feel the heat or my HP points dropping insanely. I couldn't feel the death that was supposed to fetch me. Nothing. There was nothing.

Ganito ba talaga kalakas ang endurance ko?

The large show ended with me still alive in the middle of the fight. Narinig ko ang pagsinghap at pagkagalak ng mga manonood. Hex breathed a sigh of relief and Feyre gave me a thumbs up. Salungat sa masasayang reaksiyon ay ang nabaluktot na itsura ng mage. She looked like a raging bull ready to pounce. While I looked like some innocent civilian encased in a blue shield-like box.

The same familiar box as the one used when I was lost in the forest.

I gave Hiraeth a subtle glance. Kibit-balikat lamang ang isinagot niya nang magtama ang paningin namin. Pasimple akong tumango so that he could see my gratitude. Then without further ado, I attacked their swordsman.