Chapter Eight

They made their way to the doors of Simmon's Hall, Fulton held the door open for her. She gave him a light smile as a thank you. He grabbed her hand and they laced their fingers together, he gave her hand a light squeeze for reassurance.

    "Thank you, Fulton. I appreciate this."

He smiled, making Y/N blush,

    "I know that you'd do the same for me, and I'm glad you're coming with me."   

"Why's that?"   

"I need a little motivational boost, Coach Orion pisses me off sometimes."

Y/N nodded,

    "I get you. So, um, Connie told me that you guys and varsity seem to constantly butt heads with each other."

Fulton scoffed,

    "Well, that's one way to put it. I think they feel threatened for some reason, they were the only hockey team here before we came in. Also, one of our original teammates is on the Varsity team, now."

"Oh, no kidding? I'm sorry to hear about that, do you all still keep in touch with him? Or is it, like, forbidden to talk to him?"

Fulton sighed,

    "Eh, we don't talk to him as much as we used to, only because we don't really wanna stir anything else up with them."

Y/N nodded,

    "I understand that. Connie also told me about the 'brownies' that you gave to Rick and Cole."

He chuckled,

    "Oh, did she? That was hilarious, I still can't believe we got away with that."

After a few more minutes of walking and talking, they made it to the practice rink.

    "So, should I just sit in the audience?"   

"Uh, yeah that should be fine."   

"Cool, I'll see you out there."

"Yeah, I'll see you."

Fulton went into the locker room as Y/N went to find a seat. The cool air was refreshing to Y/N, she found a seat where she could see the whole rink in its glory. Soon after sitting, the team arrives on the ice, she was able to point out Fulton right away.

    "Number 44, alrighty. Where's Connie?" she muttered to herself.

Her eyes scanned the ice,

    "18, Moreau." she thought.

As she sat back in her seat, Coach Orion came out onto the ice.

    "20 laps, then set up for a scrimmage game. Let's go!"

Y/N could hear light groans from the team before they started skating. Her eyes never left Fulton while he skated around the rink.

    "Damn, he looks good," she whispered.

After about 10 laps she noticed that Julie was slowing down, her face was almost green.

    "Work those legs, Gaffney!" Orion yelled.

Right after those words left his mouth, Julie threw herself over the penalty box and started to vomit. Y/N cringed as she continued.

    After they all finished the rest of their laps, and Julie had finished puking, they began to count off as ones and twos for the scrimmage game. As the two groups went to line up, Coach Orion looked into the audience and made eye contact with Y/N.