Chapter Four

Y/N continues her gaze up to his face, confirming that she ran into Fulton, again, but now with cheese fries.

    "Watch out, man!" Fulton blurted.

He hadn't even looked up from Y/N's, now cheesy, shirt to see that she was staring directly at him.

    "Fulton?"

His eyes shot straight into Y/N's, his cheeks beginning to blush.

    "Oh, my god. Y/N, I'm so sorry about that."

Y/N didn't care that much about her shirt, she only felt uncomfortable about how warm the cheese was.

    "You know what? It's fine, I don't even like this shirt anyhow. Do you mind getting some napkins?" she asked.

Fulton sprang into action, speed walking over to find the nearest napkin dispenser. Y/N felt a tap on her shoulder and heard the sound of an icy drink. She turned around to see Connie with two cups of soda in her hands, then saw a face of disgust displayed across her face.

    "Y/N, what happened? Did a nacho, like, explode on you?"

Y/N shook her head,

    "No, I..."

She was cut off by Fulton returning with a handful of napkins.

    "Here, Y/N. I grabbed as many as I could."

Fulton peers up to see a wide-eyed Connie, who was trying to stifle her laughter.

    "Fulton, what did you do?"

    "I was walking by and we ran into each other, my cheese fries seemed to like her shirt more than my mouth."

That comment made Connie chuckle.

    "You're ridiculous. Both of you are."

Y/N rolled her eyes while trying as much of the cheese out of her top as she could.

    "Yeah, there's no way I can ever wear this shirt again. Um, I'm just gonna go you guys."

    "No! I mean, why don't we all walk over to the bookstore, and I can buy you a t-shirt or something to change into. That's the least I can do since I'm the one who ruined it."

Y/N smiled,

    "Fulton, that's nice, but you don't..."

Y/N was cut off once again, but this time by Connie.

    "Yes Fulton, that is nice, which is why we ARE going."

Y/N rolled her eyes at Connie,

    "Okay, fine, let's go."

After returning to the original spot from the bookstore, both girls and Fulton found a table to sit and converse.

    "So, um, Y/N. What kind of music do you listen to?" Fulton asked

Y/N took a quick sip of her drink before answering,

    "Uh, I don't have a specific genre I like, it's mostly music that my dad played when I was growing up. So, rock, jazz, but right now I've been listening to Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains."

Fulton raised his eyebrows,

    "Really? You don't seem like the kind of person that would listen to that kind of music."

    "Well, you don't seem like the kind of person that would get cheese on someone's shirt or make them fall down courtyard stairs. I guess we can't read everybody." Y/N rebutted.