O.S. 3A Shared Adaptabilities

Start from the beginning

"Kya, kya!" her eyes gleamed as she looked at him.

"Dekhte hain, kaun kitna zyada chup reh sakta hai" he bit her lip to prevent the chuckle at her expression when he said it.

"Sidhaaarth! Baal noch lungi tere" she whined.

"Ganja pati chaiye tere ko? Toh seedha seedha Paras se kar leti na shadi, ghuma fira ke kyun baat..." he could not even complete it. Shehnaaz was already sitting up and threatening to call Ma.

"Maa..." before her voice could get louder, he stopped her with his palm and pulled her closer.

"Joke, baby, joke...aaja idhar aa...bata, aaj kya suna tune Ramayan se" he kissed her cheek, pressed her closer to his chest. She huffed but gladly obliged.

__________________________

She was sitting on the floor with her head leaned back on the bed and looked uneasy. It was 4 am in the morning and she had just thrown up her dinner. He came back with a jar of cold lemon water and walked up to her, extending his arm to help her up.

"aaja, upar aaja..." he bent to help her up, but she nodded and patted the floor, asking him to sit with her. He settled down with her and kept the jar on the floor.

"Ulti jaisa..." she muttered, trying to sit as still as she could, as if even a slight movement will induce the nausea.

"Abhi theek ho jayega..." He whispered, rubbing her chest lightly, himself feeling very helpless. This was the third time this week this early in the morning and there was very less that he could do. She did not reply but simply leaned on to him, keeping her head on his chest. He wrapped both his arms around her engulfing her into a protective hug.

"Ho gaya, baby..." He whispered, kissing her forehead and rubbing circles on her back.

"Bohot thak rahi hun..." she whispered in tears, feeling miserable and his heart ached at the way she said it.

"I know baby, I know", he wiped the tears and rocked her body against his, gently.

"Ye le, thoda sa pi le, better feel karegi" he poured the water into the glass he was carrying around with it and pressed the tumbler on to her lips. She took small sips, not feeling like it, but knowing that it would help her ease the metallic taste in her mouth.

"Bas..." She could only finish it half and gave the glass to him and leaned back on him. Normally, he would be after her life to eat what he thought she should be eating. But when she was in a state of discomfort, he knew not to push her. He moved his fingers through her hair and gently rocked her body, like a child's, against his as they waited for her nausea to pass. Within minutes, he heard her breath even out and tiny snores filled the air. She wasn't a snorer, but she would snore when she was exhausted. He scooped her into his arms carefully and placed her on the bed. She whimpered in her sleep, as he pulled himself away from her.

"Aa gaya, aa gaya ... Yahin hun baby" he assured, lying down next to her and pulled her closer.

He fell asleep in a while. Holding her close to his chest. She was still asleep when he woke up at 8. She was supposed to reach the set for a shoot at 11. He silently moved out of the bed not disturbing her and met his Mom who was having her morning tea. He went closed to her and sat on the floor with his head on her lap and legs wrapped around her feet like a small child's

"Good morning! Sana uth gayi?" She asked, lovingly caressing his hair.

"Nahi Mom, so rahi hai. Tabiyat theek nahi thi uski subah..." He yawned, himself not feeling very fresh.