Stronghold: Trauma Emergence

"Rise and shine, (l/n)! We've got company!" Zussman shakes me, and my eyes shoot open. There are sounds of gunfire outside, and now I'm really awake. I grab my gun, and follow Zussman to rally with Pierson.

__

"Up and at 'em! (L/n), use the coloured smokes!" Pierson demands. Aiello always provided me with the smokes, so I rush over to him as fast as I can.

"Look out!" Aiello shouts, and I duck down before Aiello shoots the Kraut behind me. I suddenly trip on myself and fall into him, and luckily, his reflexes catch me before I hit the ground.

"You really gotta stop falling!" He jokes, and I fix myself up.

"I need the coloured smokes, Frank!" I announce, and he hands me a bag full.

-"Thanks!"

I sprint back behind the brick wall I was at, and I lob a smoke towards the entrance of one of the buildings.

-"Tossin' the smoke!"

I then move up to the building, and cover fire.

"Covering fire from the left!"

I kill all the Krauts inside, and once my eyes lose sight of anymore, I move in.

Suddenly, a Kraut greets me with an elbow to my jaw, and I crash onto the ground.

"Christ!" I exclaim. I quickly shoot him down before he could potentially kill me out of advantage.

More and more Krauts enter from the back door, and I jump to my feet and carry on the fight.

A single bullet grazes past my leg, luckily, and I yell in pain.

"Zuss, I need that med kit!" I shout. Zussman ducks behind a burgundy leather sofa and throws me a kit, and I quickly patch myself up before pushing forward.

I look past the back door, and spot Kraut Jeeps coming in from the East.

-"Incoming, Kraut Jeeps!"

Me and the boys hide behind anything suitable, and open fire to the rest of the Krauts.

My focus is interrupted by the sound of an MG, rapidly firing.

"Halftracks! Find cover and get down!" Pierson shouts, and everyone holds back their fire and finds a suitable place to knock the halftrack down.

"Help me! Somebody help!" I hear someone yell.

"There's a wounded out there! (L/n), drag 'em to cover!" Pierson orders. I don't know who the hell he thinks he is to make me do the job for him, but that's the least of my problems. I need to get that soldier to cover.

"(L/n), drag 'em out of there! I'll cover you!" Zussman announces, and I throw my gun behind me and run out in the middle of the battle.

I spot the soldier and grab him by the shoulder pads, and I find myself struggling to pull him back. My ankle and my shoulder was only adding to the problems.

"Come on! Just hold on, Private!" I shout, making sure he stays with me.

"I'm alright!" He responds.

"You struggling, Private?!" Pierson asks, obviously glad I'm having a hard time. That son of a bitch is trying to embarrass me.

"No, Sergeant!" I shout back, very frustrated. Suddenly, I feel a hand on the soldier's left shoulder, and I look up to see Stiles, pulling him along with me.

"Thank god you're here!" I say, and he scoffs.

"You looked like you were going to pass out trying to lug him back. Though you'd need a hand!" He announces, and the soldier is successfully safe. I bend down and hand him a medical kit, placing a hand on his shoulder.