18~ Happy new year

Start from the beginning

Yet still nothing hilarious like brian described it. I was about to give up til he excused himself to grab a bite when he bumped his knees into the couch.

"Oh sorry man i didn't you see you there... you're so short" he muttered then frowned with a hint of guilt "i didn't mean it as an insult... you're average high... I'm just a giant" he stuttered sttuggling to find words that won't hurt that couch's feelings.

I laughed hysterically walking up to him  "babe you have to stop stepping on people or we're gonna have to cut off your legs" i joked as his eyes widened with horror.

"I promise i won't do that again but please let me keep my legs" he pouted grasping his knees protectively.

I cupped his cheeks leaning down to give him a rassuring kiss. "Okay fine how about you put those legs in use on the dance floor, i love this song!" I suggested grabbing his hand.

Without a word, he dragged me in the middle of the crowd and Oh God that drunk boy can dance! Shawn is known for his clumsiness heck I've even witnessed it a few hundred times a day but right now his feet worked like magic as he kept pulling me back and forth to the beat. He seemed more loose and frankly more fun. After a few songs we switched partners, i danced with brian while shawn, well danced alone, like nobody's watching. Oh but all of us were specially Brian's camera enjoyed it.

After a while i realised shawn had vanished. "Hey connor do you know where shawn went?" I asked as i scanned the place around us.

"Oh yeah he said he was hungry and went downstairs to make a sandwich" he replied taking a large bite of pizza.

"Shawn is alone in the kitchen!" I screamed in panic as i made my way to our apartment. I can't trust shawn in the kitchen while he's sober, i can't imagine the trouble he'll get in when he's drunk. The door was open but no smoke came out, good sign.

I covered my mouth muffling a scream as i stared at the plate he was about to put in the microwave."Shawn's what's wrong with you?!"

He turned around confused. "I was just making a sandwich. See I'll melt cheese on this toast right here..." he smiled down fondly titling his head to the side.

"Except that's not a toast that's my math notebook!" I scowled snatching the plate from his hands.

I delicately removed the cheese careful not to damage the paper. "It looked delicious..." he groaned hopping on the table.

I glared at him indicating for him to stay quiet just for his own sake. He apologised quietly staring down guilty which in return made me upset. "Don't worry honey everything is fine..." i rassured him stepping between his legs "but next time you're hungry tell me first and I'll make something more delicious than algebra" i teased booping his nose.

"You'll make me pancakes?" He asked hope twinkling in his eyes.

"One plate of pancakes coming up for breakfast!" I giggled as he did a little happy dance.

He lowered his hands to rest them on my hips but i quickly reached my arm between us to stop him. "No dirty hands is touching this dress. This dress will be locked in a glass case and placed in a safe" i warned him seriously as he chuckled.

"I don't get why you freaked out. I mean it barely reached a thousand" he shrugged his shoulder.

"Excuse me shawn. If hypothetically i quit shopping for a whole year, i still wouldn't have enough money to rent it" i raised my eyebrows.

"You're right i shouldn't buy expensive dresses anymore since they'll always end up on the bedroom floor" he smirked biting his lower lips.

That look caused shivers to run down my spine. I just wanted to get my hands on him and ditch the party. "Very smooth mendes, I'll give you that" i pinched his rosy cheeks.