THE BETRAYAL

Mulai dari awal

"I know. I guess someone is coming."

'wow, thanks.' I said

'my pleasure.' He stood up and said, 'I know you'll do it.'

'hey, wait, who told you?'

'..Mom... And it doesn't matter now. But I am good at keeping secrets.' He paused and then asked 'what's this locket?'

'the source of my power.' I replied.

He giggled and said, 'no, big sister. You know what, only reading books does not make you smart. Use your brain.'

Then he went to his room. Well, I never knew Jake was that smart. That's why they say, never let a communication gap in a relationship. So, I realized we had a good conversation and I know he didn't know how to express things but deep inside he felt.

He decoded the sentences and it seemed like they were talking about me. Yeah, because all of a sudden Magnar started talking to me and asked me to meet him, then created an illusion to know who I was. In the past few days, a lot was changed in the town, things in my life, and in fact, I was changed too. I never liked anybody except for my books and my own little world. I was always the protector, the hero in my stories but I never knew it would happen in real life too. I read somewhere, what you think is what you become and look at me as 'the Alessandro'. I often wondered how beautiful the world would be if people destroyed their greed for luxury, power, and conquering. We are free beings and the most intelligent ones created; we have our own thoughts, perspectives, beliefs, interests, and lives. You see, my dad always says, you are free, but you're limited to a point, he said take your hand and touch your nose tip, now remember your freedom is limited to this point and beyond this, you have no right. I realized people don't understand it, they think everything is their personal property and tend to own it and those who protest, they ruin them. Just like Akuma, he failed to realize he cannot own heaven and hell, he cannot even own a speck of dust. Everybody desires freedom, they deserve it, and I won't let him destroy anything. I knew this time the fight was not with the loyalists, it was with him. Yeah, this time he would have to fight and face the real Alessandro because Susan was dead, and by no way, he could bring her back to life again.

'Where on earth are you, Eabha?' Roisin barged in with a blast. I got scared and my heartbeat rose up. Yes, because I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't even care to see what was going around.

'Hello?'

'ye...yea..yeah... hi.' I said getting up from the couch.

'I called you 10 times and even I rang the doorbell 5 times, the door was opened, you know what someone could have broken into the house.'

'Yeah... sorry.'

'hey, Eabha... are you okay?'

'yeah... I am. I must have felt asleep.'

'not having a good sleep lately...?'

'yeah... all that is happening....'

'hey come here... you need a hug.' She hugged me and then said, 'I just came to check on you, you need rest.'

She asked me to go to sleep and then she went home. I asked her to stay, but she said I should take a rest and she'll meet me afterwards. I guess she was right. So, I went to sleep and I woke up at dinner. Mom made my favorite Italian dishes for dinner then a delicious dessert. We had fun watching a movie and talked a lot, it looked like a normal and amazing night. After a long time, we all sat together and were happy.

'Hey, where's your source of power?' Jake commented.

'What source?' dad asked.

I checked around my neck... and I realized my locket was missing, 'My locket... damn.'