The choice is yours but it's as difficult as picking your brain or heart when you're asked to choose one of the two. I'm totally fine.

Sike.

"Why don't you choose", I offered him the chance to choose.

"You would usually say a friendly date. Since you didn't say it, that means you were debating between the two", Jeno pointed out the obvious. "In conclusion, you're starting to like me."

A triumphant smile was shown clearly on Jeno's face.

"Great", I rolled my eyes and let go of Jeno's hand. "Is that the end of the business meeting?"

"Yes", Jeno said and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. "Let's not waste another second."

He dragged me to the second floor of the mall, where he proceeded to the cinema. He took out his wallet and looked at me.

"It's really cliché, but I've always wanted to go to the cinema and watch a movie with you", Jeno admitted.

"How come?", I asked, curious why he had always wanted to do that.

"The last time I went to the cinema was when I was four", Jeno explained. "It was my first time at the cinema. I loved the smell of the popcorn and how big the screen was. I can barely remember the rest, but it was the last time I went as well."

"I see, that's why you've always wanted to do it", I said.

"Yeah, it brings back good memories from my childhood", Jeno reminisced. "I want to make better memories, but this time with you."

"That's cute", I chuckled.

"By the way", Jeno said before leaning towards me, his lips near my ear. "I'm considering this as a romantic date."

My ears were heating up, as well as my cheeks. I tried to cool myself down while Jeno was paying for the tickets, that he insisted on paying. He then turned around and showed the tickets.

"Let's go inside and buy some snacks now", Jeno said, placing his hand around mine and taking me to the snack corner of the cinema. "What do you want? I'll buy it."

"I can pay—"

"I know it doesn't matter whether it's the guy or girl who pays, but I'm hoping you'll let me do this", Jeno softly said.

"I don't really have an appetite because we just finished eating steak, so I'm fine with just popcorn and a drink", I told him and he nodded, then leaving me to go buy the snacks. I felt a buzz from my phone, so I checked to see who it was.

Unknown Number

don't you dare block
this number kim byeol
i don't want to buy another sim
we need to talk
it's important

i have even more important things
now please leave me alone

"You alright?", Jeno asked as he had one bucket of popcorn in one hand, while the other had the two cups that were in a two-cup holder.

"Yeah", I smiled at him, setting my phone on silent before pocketing it. "You have the tickets, right?"

"They're in my right pocket", Jeno said. "Can you get them?"

I nodded and got them out easily as they were sticking out of his pocket. I looked for the cinema room and spotted it a couple of seconds later. We headed towards the room and I handed the tickets.

"You are a wonderful couple", the lady said and let us in. "Your clothes match."

I didn't say anything and just entered the cinema.