9

Anita could not hide her joy as she drove out of the  the hospital.

"Anita, you see that I am your good luck charm, the first time I stepped into the hospital the girl regained consciousness, you better be taking me everywhere with you."

"Na you sabi, you don't know how happy I am right now. I just pray she has no complications."

"Amen o. Won't you call James to inform him of the new development?"

"Yeah, I will. I actually have plans on spending the weekend at his place."

"So, you were not planning on telling me before. Anyway, I would be going to Delta to see my mom. She called to tell me she wasn't feeling too good, I will be taking my good luck charm to her."

"Ohh, I am really sorry about that. Hope it's nothing serious?"

"I pray so too, I will be leaving this afternoon, I packed my bags already."

By the time they both got home it was getting late, there was a heavy traffic on the expressway, as a petrol tanker had fallen down blocking almost half of the road, the only good thing is that the tanker was empty.

Ada took her shower when she was done packing her bag. She was about leaving when she noticed the worried look on Anita's face.

"Babe, are you okay?  Why the worried face?"

"I have been calling James' number but he is not answering and he has not called me today, this is so unlike him."

"I am sure he is okay. Maybe he is charging his phone or he forgot it or something."

"James does not play with his phone. He takes it everywhere, me I am scared o."

"I am sure you are getting yourself worked up over nothing, he is fine. Just go to his place like you planned to."

Anita took a deep breath before she finally spoke.

"I would pack my bags and be on my way."

"That's better dear. I would be on my way now also. Let me know how he is when you get there."

"OK I will. My regards to your siblings. Let me know how your mum is and incase you need anything am here for you."

"Alright dear, have a nice day. I will call you.

"Ada, wait abeg, I don't think I am in the mood to drive and the network is not good enough to get an Uber. Can you please drop me off on your way?"

"Okay dear, no problem, but please, you will have to be fast. It's getting late.

"I won't waste time." Anita replied running to her room to get her stuffs ready. In no time she was out again.

"So quick!" Ada asked surprised.

"I told you I would not waste time."

There was silence as Ada drove Anita to her destination. Anita never stopped dialing James' number all true the journey.

"So dear, here we are. I would have loved to go in with you but time won't  permit me."

"No problem, I understand. Have a safe trip."

"Thanks babe." Ada said as she drove off.

Anita knocked on the gate and waited for response.

"Who dey there? Abeg, I dey come o." The gatekeeper replied.

"Madam na me dey knock, good aptunoon, how you dey madam?"

"I am fine, is you boss around? "

"Oga, Oga dey por inside o, oga I just come from wrok na na.