𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨 | 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
September 8th, 2000

𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 looked around at her friends and family, that came to support her at the grand opening of her art gallery. She felt accomplished, this was something that she could pass onto her children. She looked around in hopes to see that Langston had accepted her invitation. Sadly, he was nowhere to be found.

"Girl, I know you not looking for LJ." Angel said.

"No." Lianna lied.

Of course she was looking for him, she wanted him to be here to celebrate with her. Lianna thought that with everything that they'd been through, he would still support and be here for her. It had been about six months since they'd broken up. The duo hadn't seen much of each other. Her being the person she was Lianna reached out and invited Langston as a peace offering and in hopes of rekindling their friendship.

"Yes, you are."

"So why'd you ask?" Lianna questioned with and raised eyebrow.

"Because, you need to leave him where he's at. It's over for a reason." Angel responded sipping her wine.

"Angel, please." Lianna waved her off.

She didn't want to be reminded of the mistakes made on both ends of the relationship. She and Langston both agreed to end the relationship, before more damage was done. Yes, it hurt them both to end it, but it was for the better.

"You know I'm right. That's why you doing all of that."

"Ok." She replied rolling her eyes.

Angel scoffed walking off, leaving Lianna in her thoughts.

Should I leave him be? She thought.

"You okay, baby?" Ms. Faye asked her daughter.

"Yes mama. I'm okay."

"You don't look like you're enjoying yourself."

Truth be told, Lianna just wanted to go home. What should've been her happiest moment wasn't going so good. The one person she wanted to be here the most was nowhere to be found. She felt that Langston was completely done with her.

"I'm good mama." She responded dryly.

"Okay." Ms. Faye said walking away.

Two hours went by, before it was time to welcome the public inside. She walked outside to greet her guests.

"Hi, everyone." She greeted waving.

"Hello." Some responded.

Then she went on with her speech about how thankful she was, and thanking her guests for coming to support her. Lianna cut the ribbon letting her guests inside. Until, her eyes landed on a certain someone.

Langston

She smiled walking up to him.

"Hey, I thought you weren't coming."

"Yea. I was running a little late, plus someone wanted to see their mommy." He said looking at her.

Lianna looked over at their two-year-old daughter Lehlanii Mai Jones. Her pride and joy, the one good thing that came from their relationship.

"Hi, mommy's baby." She said grabbing her from Langston.

"Hi." She mumbled laying her head on her mother's shoulder.

The trio walked into the art gallery, enjoying the rest of their night. Lianna was now enjoying herself now that Langston and her daughter had shown up.

The story is now based in 00'

Follow

Vote

Comment

Share