New kid

Charles P.O.V

It's a gloomy Monday morning. My alarm went off waking me up. I sleepily got up and made my way to my closet. I got dressed casually. A black hoodie, a pair of jeans, and vans. It may be the end of summer, 80 something outside and I might die of heat stroke but I don't really care.

No one ever seems to question me on what I wear. I'm always left out. I don't really mind. I've always been a loner all my life anyway.

I hurry up and get my bag ready. I tend to forget it. A hair brush sits on my dresser untouched. I never use it. I skip breakfast once again and head for the door.

"Bye mom." I call as I head out the door. I don't hear a reply.

I drag my feet staring at the ground. I hear others laughing. Eyes staring straight through me. God, I just wish it would all end already.

I reach school after an agonizing 5 mile walk. I step into the lobby and spy a boy I've never seen wandering aimlessly. He has beautiful red auburn hair that falls into his face. I watch him look around for a minute or two before I walk over.

"Hello." I say.

He's startled. "Oh! Hi!" He jumps.

"Are you new here?" I ask.

"Yeah! Todays my first day." He reaches his hand out. "Samuel Seabury." His chocolate brown eyes meet mine, and they glimmer.

How is he so fucking cute. I think

I shake it. "Charles lee."

"Nice to meet you, Charles." He beams.

"Nice to meet you too. Where are you heading?"

"Room 106," He responds.

"That's where I'm heading. I'll lead you." He smiles.

I lead him down each hallway, dodging students every which way. Every 10 seconds I hear him apologize for running into someone. He's never going to survive.

This school is filled with assholes and bitches. Almost everyone will start a fight if you look at them funny. I might be exaggerating just a little with everyone. Just the popular kids. Alexander, John, Thomas and the rest of their friends.

I take my seat in class. Right next to the empty desk, which Samuel gets placed in. God, this cant get any worst.

"Charles," our teacher, Mr. Washington, gets my attention. "Can you give Samuel a tour of the school and explain how everything goes?" Apparently it can get worse. I 'm going to be alone with Sam.

"Yes, sir." I respond standing up. Sam does the same.

The time passes slowly as I lead the kid through each hall. I can tell he's listening to every word I say even though I can hear them myself. I have to stop myself from blurting out pickup lines. I just met him. I refuse to scare him off before he knows me.

How the hell is he so perfect though. His eyes sparkle. His smile brightens the hallway. His hair, it looks so soft. He has no right to be stealing my heart like this. Ive now made it my job to protect this cinnamon roll from all the bad this prison has to offer.

Once the bell rings he thanks me and runs off to his next class. I open my mouth to ask him out but he's gone before I even had a chance. I go to follow him stopping only when I remember I don't know where his next class is. Shit.

***

"Hey loser!" I hear a familiar voice call to me as I head to lunch.

"What do you want, John. Haven't you tormented me enough today?" I respond sarcastically

"I haven't been around you today." The boy named John says. He apparently forgot he beat me in a fight the other day.

"Fuck off, asshole!" I yell and walk away.

After being laughed at and bullied in the cafeteria like normal, I make my way to my locker. I see Samuel walk off out of the corner of my eye as I put my combination in. Once my locker is open a piece of paper flutters out and lands on the ground in front of me. I pick it up and read it. A phone number and a short sentence. 'Call me.' If Sam actually wrote this like I think he did I might have a chance.

I get my things for my next class and shut my locker. I turn around to go to class. But before I can take a step away in pushes into the lockers. I drop my things as Alexander pins me to the lockers. What the hell does he want from me.

"Give me that phone number. I saw the new kid put it in your locker." So Sam did give it to me.

"Why should I. He gave it to me. Not you."

"I want to be his.. Friend. Give me the god damn number." He's going to get to him before I have a chance.

"No." Alex pulls me away from the locker and slams me into it. I hit my head off of it. Nothing I can't handle. Right?

"I know you have it. Why wont you give it to me?!"

"I'm not letting an asshole like you ruin my chance at anything ever again."

"What chance? You think you ever had a chance at anything? Youve never had a chance." He hits me off the locker again.

"I have a chance to start new with him. Now let me go!" He throws me on the floor and kicks me in the stomach.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"

"Where the paper?" He placed his foot on my chest.

"I'm not letting you have it."

He applies more force. "Where. Is. The. Paper."

"My pocket!"

He reaches for my pocket and takes the paper. "Thanks." Is the last thing I hear before he knocks me out.

***

I wake up to my head pounding. I'm laying down. Where? I have no idea. My vision is blurry but I can make out the auburn haired boy next to me.