⎯ 12 ⎯

chikasue ikari,

how was the rest of my winter holidays? thanks for asking.

well first and foremost, i spent countless hours lying on my bedroom floor, staring at the ceiling while questioning everything i've ever believed.

you know, the usual.

however, this time, my mind always wandered to how i nearly kissed oikawa.

my three remaining brain cells were still fighting over what happened.

the reaction i had was unexpected enough but i continue to scold myself whenever i think back to it.

how??? how did kissing him so much as cross my mind?!!'

the other brain cell just blushed and stayed quiet.

have i really let go of all my past accusations? that he's annoying and tiring? well, no, he still is but he's not a child-

... well-

you can guess my thought process over winter.

i've been ignoring the obvious up until now.

he is my soulmate after all...

i let out a sigh as i made an attempt to blink the sleep from my eyes, watching the boy's volleyball hunched over from the bleachers. ever since i made the decision to walk with oikawa to school, i've had to wake up a couple of hours early every morning, even on his rest days.

today was the first day back at school after winter but the image of oikawa's smile followed by my racing heart was still embedded in my daily thoughts, much to my displeasure.

one other thing, hattori, my childhood 'friend' who knows just about everything about me, suddenly unloaded detailed information about oikawa's soulmate experience to oikawa. i bet he's wondering where she got the information and it can't be hard to make the connection.

that kept me up at night.

does oikawa know now that we're soulmates?

i told you that i've been thinking too much.

"good morning, chikasue-san," iwaizumi broke me from my thoughts as he collected his water bottle. i gave him a tired wave.

every morning iwaizumi greets me, it makes sense considering him and i are oikawa's only friends apparently.

"did you have a good christmas and new years?" i smiled at the sweaty teen.

"yeah, thank you, and you?"

i nodded in response.

it was drawing closer to classtime but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the boys in the room. the practice was rather relaxed on the winter morning and with only a couple of people scattered along the bleachers, it was relatively quiet, only one or two people talking at a time, allowing the squeaking of shoes to echo throughout the gym.

my eyes were drawn to oikawa who argued desperately against a grinning matsukawa and hanamaki.

"hey, has oikawa always gotten you food for christmas?" i asked, the sleeves of my baggy sweater reaching up for my face to sit in my hands while i stared endlessly at the boys with amusement.