⎯ 10 ⎯

oikawa tooru

i tried my best to ignore and forget about hattori for chikasue's sake, however, as the days neared closer to christmas, i had an unexpected run-in with her.

i was making a brief stop in the mall to get some small last minute christmas gifts when i was approached by her.

she was by herself, like me, so i was surprised that she managed to pick me apart from the crowd of people in the busy centre.

"oikawa-san?" she voiced from behind me.

"hm?" i turned around and my eyes widened slightly once i recognized her.

"listen, i'd like to apologise for the other day." she bowed her head slightly with her hands behind her back.

bringing her head back up, she met my cold glare with one of her own. "it must be pretty hard hearing that i'm you're soulmate, huh?"

this bitch.'

 i narrowed my eyes at her, knitting my eyebrows together with discontent, giving her a warning stare. "just drop the soulmate stuff, okay? you know i'm not going to buy it," i sighed, walking past her to the checkout, proceeding to pay for my gifts without looking back.

just before i left, determination exploded from hattori. "but i can prove it!" she yelled.

my body grew still as i stopped walking, tilting my head back to see she had spun on her heels to face me and had a look of dedication plastered onto her face.

"how? by punching yourself?" i raised an eyebrow, tired of enduring her repeated attempts.

how long did chi-chan have to deal with this again?'

"the earliest one i remember was in middle school," she began, taking a deep breath. "the first day, you sprained your right wrist and couldn't write for the whole day!"

my eyes widened as she continued.

"not to mention, you were constantly getting bruises and such whenever you went out with iwaizumi-san. i gave you a black eye once too! one of the only things i've ever done and you also sprained your knee last year. the list goes on!"

i looked back down to the garment in my hand, taking a moment to breathe. i rose my eyes to fix my unwelcoming glare back on hattori before turning and leaving without a word.

with my free arm outstretched, i pulled on the door handle, closing my front door and leaving me standing in the snow with soft flakes showering me gently, each one melted as soon as they settled onto my blue jacket.

after upholding my promise several times, i was now fully aware of which house was chi-chan's, having walked her to school now for the past couple of days, however, not today.

i knocked on the door with an uncontrollable grin, pleased with myself this time.

the door eventually swung open with chikasue standing in the entrance, a large, knitted yellow sweater hung loosely to her and her chestnut hair was slightly frizzier than usual, causing me to envy the warmth and comfort of her house despite only being outside for several minutes.

"oikawa?" she raised an eyebrow, looking me up and down.

"merry christmas~" my smile broadened as i presented a small, unwrapped box.

she took the gift from me, confused and cautious.

she remained silent as she lightly removed the lid. i earned a snort from her in response to the present and she lifted it up to her face with a smirk. it was a pair of new gloves.

"thank you," she said before her eyes widened and she looked back at me with alarm. "ah- but i haven't- i didn't know-"

i closed my eyes with a laugh and waved my hands at her. "don't worry about it."

her lips stretched back to a gentle smile as she thanked me again. "merry christmas, oikawa."

"hey, so i was wondering," i began, trying to locate any family inside her house. "if you aren't already busy do you wanna visit a shrine with me for new years?"

her sparkling eyes and goofy grin vanished when she lifted her head, a thinking expression sinking onto her features.

"is iwaizumi-san coming with you?" she asked and i shook my head, holding up the plastic bag in my hands.

"no, he's visits his family for new years, i'm bringing him his christmas and new year's stuff next."

"new year's as well? i didn't expect you to be the type of person buying presents for everyone during the holidays," she said, suspicious.

i smirked, pulling the contents out of the bag to show chi-chan packaging for some tofu.

"i wouldn't really call them presents."

"ah, i see."

"so is that a yes?"

she smiled "sure."

12.06.20
✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

you're probably all sick of hattori rn lmao but dhsjhsjs