m a r r i a g e

"Desire grows by what it feeds on."
― L.M. Montgomery

Clementine's dress:

Bar's tux:

They're all twenty-one :))

extra chapter
"marriage"

For their wedding, Clementine and Bar bought out butterfly land and renovated the field next to it to make room for the guests.

It was half past dawn and the trees gave enough shade that the fairy lights that weaved through them shown out brilliantly.

The flowers and butterflies that went around the trees and benches for the guests were all delicately treated-- even though some guests were scared of the butterflies.

Regardless of personal opinions, it was a beautiful place to get married.

All of Clementine's siblings were there, as well as Bar's little sister and Maddie. There were friends from their college and from high school, as well as coworkers-- Kane and the guys from the garage, as well as Artemis and Micah, two kind people they met at a beach one day and since they've managed to keep in touch.

And, of course, their best friends.

Fen was Clementine's maid of honor and Eli demanded to be a brides maid so that's what he became.

Law was Bar's best man only because Gus will be the person who officiates their wedding, having gotten his certificate as soon as his 'daddy' got engaged.

Bar and Clementine had gotten ready in tents on either side of the guests, separated from one another.

Bar didn't like being away from her.

He wanted to see her, he wanted to kiss her, he wanted to hold her-- which he hadn't been able to for the whole day.

It's been a long time since he had gone without seeing her.