I Need Myself- 1

Depuis le début

Rs. 50,000. It read.

"How did you like my surprise?" She smiled at him. A smile he couldn't recognise. It wasn't his Khushi's smile.

"It's double the amount you had asked for, plus 2000 extra for your miscellaneous purposes." Arnav stared on dazed. He took sometime to comprehend that she had indeed paid the full amount infact double the price plus 2000 extra to be precise.

What?

"What did you think? Only you can play games Mr Raizada? Or should I say...ASR." She mused and walked around him waiting for him to speak up.

"Khushi." He gulped. "Where did you get this money." He feared she had sold her jewellery or even worse, her mangalsutra which he did not find around her neck.

"I did not sell anything incase you're worried. Neither your jewellery nor your mangalsutra." He still thought low of her. Who was she kidding? He had always been like this. She chuckled painfully in her mind.
"Just for your information I had made enough money from my dabba service. For emergency purposes. Seems like this was it." She shrugged her shoulders.

She used her personal money that was reserved for emergency situations just to get away from him. Just so that she didn't have to go with him. The very thought pained him. She didn't want him. She was better off without him.

Obviously you fool! His mind mocked.

"Now... Since I've returned the money to you I think this house belongs to us now. So you may leave. The rent for three months is with you. Or do you plan to ask for more?" She mocked him.

"Why are you doing this Khushi. We are married. You..." He was clearly losing.

"Married?" She chuckled mirthlessly. "Which marriage? When did we get married? We didn't marry Mr. Raizada. We had a deal. A contract. A forced agreement that had a time period after which it becomes non existent. And I have fulfilled all the terms of the deal. And so we are done."

"No.." She was true but he preffered it as a lie.

"YES Arnav. Yes. A marriage is not a contract. It is NOT an agreement with a time span. It is not what we did. It is a lifelong bond. That is way above your understanding." She gritted her teeth in anger.

He was losing the battle. Pathetically.

"Our relation." His voice cracked. "Doesn't it mean a thing? Whatever we share? Does..." He gulped hard. "..none if it mean a thing? Are you willing to just let it go? Just... just like that?"

Khushi could see his strong facade peeling off slowly, but she had to stand her ground. It required an iron grip on her frame to prevent herself from embracing him and cradling him in affection.

Taking a deep breath she continued. Shattering his heart into a million pieces with her next few words.

"It doesn't. " She drilling holes with her eyes. "What means most to me doesn't mean a thing to you."

Confusion marred his hopeless face.

"My self respect." She stated. Reality came crashing down on his limp form. So caught up was he is snatching everything he didn't want to lose, either by hook or by crook, that he failed to realise the the consequences his actions were piling upon him.

She continued,"My belief. My dreams. My dignity. My individuality... my..myself." she gulped the lump that was formed in her throat.
"My own self and everything related to it means the most to me. Everything that you crushed with your own bare hands. Without even thinking for a split second...my belief in marriage that you tore down ruthlessly by a contract. For what? For a mere misunderstanding." Reliving the past caused her excruciating pain, but it did not deter her from putting her point forward.
"You made a freaking joke out of my dreams.. dreams of a happy married life. Dreams of finding love and experiencing it." Memories of her good times with him brought a small smile on her face and he noticed it. He knew what exactly she was thinking about.