Ch 3

Nixon looked at me aghast by what I just did. His eyes widened, “Me?”

“Yes you!” I screamed, poking his chest harshly. “What the heck is your problem?!”

“My problem?!” He yelled back angrily, “you’re the one barging in here throwing Jessica off me and yelling at me! What’s your problem?”

“You! You’re my problem, who do you think you are! Sending others, threatening them, making them deliver messages, when you could do it just as easily? If you wanted to come find me so bad, you could have looked for me. If you have anyone to pick on, threaten, or blackmail, it’s me. I’m your new problem.” I finished as I pushed him away from me and walked away, livid.

“CELESTIA HARTLOCK!!!” Mr. Rogers roared from the cafeteria entrance.

Uh oh.

I stood waiting in the office hallway, waiting to be called. I was so nervous, I didn’t know what to do to pass time. I unconsciously twiddled my thumbs. The feeling of dread and anxiety never left me. I have NEVER been in trouble with school. Ever. I really don’t know what to do when he calls me in.

After Mr. Rogers yelled at Nixon, Jessica and I to go to his office, I froze in place and didn’t move until the others were out of sight; I was still processing what had happened. It wasn’t until my eyes met Mr. Roger’s glare that I bolted out the door.

The other two, that will not be named until I feel like it, were waiting in a different part of the office. Other than the fact that they are together and could easily lie, I couldn’t care less. There were witnesses but I don’t think I will get off Scott free.

I looked up as the door to the principal’s office opened. Corbin came out and shot me a comforting smile. I tried smiling back but it came out as a grimace.

“You’re next.”

“Did he say anything about the other two?”

“No, he just called me in to tell him my part of the story. I guess the other two mentioned me. He seemed surprised when I mentioned the blackmailing.” He said the last part with a grin.

“He mentioned you, then.” I said.

He nodded, looking down. “Well, you’re wanted in the majesty’s room.” He rolled his eyes and I smiled a little. I like this guy, I deem him worthy of being my friend.

“By Cel.”

“By Corbin.” I said as I walked into the dragon’s layer.

Mr. Rogers sighed. He looked at me disappointed as if I killed a stray cat. He was really frustrated by the way he was rubbing his temples. I sat in an empty seat across from his desk.

“Celia, what were you thinking?”

Immediately I looked down to my lap, fearing what would happen if I made eye contact. Mr. Rogers is a big burly man who can strike fear in almost anyone, if provoked. But most of the time, he was a chill dude. It was rare to NOT see him smile.

“I’m sorry……….”

“You were thinking that you were sorry? If you were sorry, this mess would have never happened! What possessed you to do something like that?!”

I flinched from the harshness of his words. I looked up, “I’m sorry.” I said once again. “But I don’t regret my actions.” I was a little surprised where my sudden bravery came from, but no way in hell was I about to question it. “It wasn’t right for Nixon to blackmail a student for something he could have done himself. I have 5th period with him too. He could have told me then. But it wasn’t right for me to harm Jessica either. She had no part in it and I am sorry for what I did to her, she didn’t deserve it.”

“Tell me exactly what happened.”

“I sat down on the grassy area on a bench next to a tree. I’m reading a book, when Corbin comes up to me to deliver a message from Nixon. Irritated that he had to send someone, I asked Corbin why he was sent. Corbin looked hesitant on telling me, but he eventually did, that Nixon threatened him. Telling him that he will be ruined personally, financially, and socially if he doesn’t comply or I don’t meet Nixon at the designated spot.

“I was furious. I marched back into the cafeteria. A-and I was so mad, I wasn’t in control of my actions. I found the two siting down and Jessica all over him. I pulled Jessica by her hair and threw her off of Nixon and started yelling at him. That’s when you came in.” I finished.

Mr. Rogers nodded as this information processed through his mind. “I have interviewed all four of you that were involved. Two are saying one story, the other two are saying a slightly different story. You are dismissed for now and will be called back in once I have decided what to do with all of you.”

He didn’t need to tell me twice. I all but ran out the door. As soon as I was out of the office, I walked back out to the area behind the cafeteria to get my stuff as I had left it behind when I went to that butt face. The bell rang and I sighed. I missed 5th period and who knows what assignment I missed that I could’ve turned in. Well, at least that asshole missed it too.

“Celestia Hartlock and Nixon Grey, to the principal’s office. Once again, Celestia Hartlock and Nixon Grey to the principal’s office.” Wow, already done deciding? I thought I had at least until the end of the day. And so I made my way back to the dragon’s layer.

Merry (late) Christmas, my flying penguins!

I’m currently out of the country and have little to no internet access. But I still have my laptop. I already have ch 4 written and will be uploaded around new years. I will be back in the US Jan 8.