Charlotte is grinning cheekily at the camera as Dulcie sticks her tongue out and I'm looking like the happiest man in the world. I feel tears prick my eyes as I put it to one side, smiling shyly at my girls as they watch me.

The third is a keychain with a heart and both their names inside. The fourth one is a book. I rest the wrapping paper to one side and read the front cover. 'What we love about our daddy' with hearts darted all over. I take a deep breath and turn to look at a few pages.

One page says 'we love when daddy makes us smile' with a photo of them both grinning up at me as someone takes the photo of us from behind me. Another page says 'we love it when daddy gives us cuddles' and there's two photos, one of me holding Charlotte close to my chest, from the day she was born I think. My eyes are on her as she sleeps soundly on my bare chest; my hand protectively on her back.

Then a photo of me and Dulcie hugging tightly as Dakota's 30th birthday party. I feel a tear fall from my eye and Dakota faintly gasps. I don't look through much of the book, I go to the last page and it says 'we love that daddy loves us unconditionally' and there's a photo of all four of us together from our wedding day a few weeks ago. We're all smiling widely at the camera. Damn I'm the luckiest man alive.

Dakota wraps her arms around me and I hug Dulcie close too; Charlotte is already in Dakota's arms. "I love them" I whisper, my voice is hoarse "there's no need to cry daddy.." Dulcie pouts, kissing my cheek softly as I laugh. "Daddy's just a big softie" I say causing her to giggle.

"Yeah but daddy is our big softie, that's why we love him so much" Dakota says softly, kissing me as we pull away. "I love you so much.." I whisper, kissing her again before kissing Dulcie and Charlotte on the head. "Thank you for my gifts" I say and Dulcie smiles sweetly, running off to get her shoes on.

"I love you too by the way" Dakota grins, kissing me softly. "You mean so much" I stroke her cheek as she smiles shyly. "I know.. you mean so much to us too" she grins, heading over to the door to check Dulcie is okay.

----

"Happy Father's Day dad" Dakota rushes to her father, hugging him. I grin as Dulcie hops down from the car, I lift Charlotte into my arms and she snuggles into me, babbling softly.
I shake Don's hand as we enter the house "Jamie! How're you doing son?" He greets me and I smile.

"Good thanks, been spoilt by my favourite girls this morning" I grin over at Dakota as she giggles. "Good, I'm glad my little girl is looking after you" he laughs. "And of course, I'm looking after her, with everything in me" i say as we sit at the breakfast bar; Kelley taking the girls into the lounge. Don grins.

"Anyway dad, little girl? I'm a grown woman" Dakota laughs, pouting and I laugh too. "No matter how old you get you'll always be my little girl. You'll see what I mean when Dulcie and char grown up" he chuckles and she giggles. "I guess your right" she giggles more

Don offers us a drink and then we join Kelley and the girls in the lounge to sit down for a bit and catch up. I sit on the beanbag, helping Charlotte to crawl whilst Dakota tells Kelley and her father about our honeymoon and the beautiful weather we had.

"Two different locations?" Kelley raises an eyebrow, chuckling. "Yes.. I'm a very lucky woman" Dakota giggles, winking at me. "That you are" Kelley grins. We watch Charlotte crawling around as we chat about the plans for Father's Day.

When we're ready to go I let Dakota get Charlotte. I shake don's hand and say goodbye to Kelley, Dakota hugs her dad and they bid us a good day at the door; we get Charlotte and Dulcie into their car seats and wave once more before we get in and I drive off.