||Ch 2 - First Day||

Start from the beginning

"You forgot us?", I asked sadly.

"No I didn't. Or yes, I did. Because I remembered that I had to buy gifts for you guys when I sat on the plane back to India", Pammi Aunty replied shrugging her shoulders and we looked at her with an angry pout.

"If I had wished, I would've brought gifts for you guys from the Delhi Airport and could've fooled you saying I bought them from Japan. But.........I didn't wanna waste money on you guys so I brought this for you", Pammi Aunty said excited and we continued staring at her with our arms crossed across our chests.

Pammi Aunty chuckled nervously and looked at Oreo.

"Oh my Oreo...oh my baby.....I missed you so much", Pammi Aunty walked towards Oreo and took him into a tight tight, very tight hug.

We nodded our heads side to side in disbelief.

"Ohk...if you guys misheard, I would like to inform that I'm starting my fourth grade today and I would like to get special treatment", Ahana declared looking at us.

"Don't you get it everyday? So called "unnecessary attention"....", Siya asked Ahana and Ahana rolled her eyes.

"You'll do great baby. There's no doubt. I'm so proud of you", I bent down to her level and kissed her forehead.

Kartik was just standing there, speaking nothing.

"Kartik....wouldnt you like to say something to Ahana? Any advice?", I asked him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Oh yeah....stay away from Shay. And if his mom asks about me, tell her that I've shifted to an island to practice renunciation", Kartik instructed Ahana and she thought for few seconds.

"Okay......I'll definitely.....................not tell her that. I'll tell her that you're very much available and also looking for her", Ahana teased Kartik and ran away from him.

"Hey....come back young lady!", Kartik also started to run behind her but Siya blocked his way.

"First you're gonna drop us school....you can take her class on the way", Siya suggested Kartik.

"Point", Kartik said and turned towards me.

"Naira....I'll leave for office also", he said giving me a peck on the lips.

"Okay...but don't forget we have an appointment at the fertility clinic in the afternoon", I reminded him while Siya dragged him away.

"I remember", he yelled back and I smiled at him.

Sahil's PoV

I looked at the corridor in front of me.

Filled with tall, smelly people....not wholly but most of them were like that. All of them in gangs, gossiping and bitching about people. Some looked decent.....I repeat some, most of them looked like assholes. You know....you can get to know about them from their faces....they have that vibe around them.

I never said this but I was shy around people. Not willing to become friends with all of them. You can say I had social anxiety. I never liked to be in crowded and loud places.

Which you may find strange because I belong to the Goenka family💁‍♂️....

I took a deep breath and gathered some courage. I started walking through the corridor towards the classroom.

I took small quick steps, trying my best to make least eye contact with people.

I was about to enter into my classroom that someone brought their leg in my way and I tripped, falling down on the floor.

Soon there was a large crowd around me and everyone started laughing at me.

I raised my head to look at my biggest bully,

Rohan!!

Naira's PoV

We were at the fertility clinic. The doctor was reviewing my reports. I and Kartik were holding hands and sitting there, in complete nervousness and anxiety. It was a very tense atmosphere.

"Are there any improvements doctor?", I asked her curiously.

She raised her head from the reports and looked at me. She sighed and closed my file.

"No....there aren't any improvements Mr. and Mrs Goenka", the doctor replied and my ray of hope disappeared once again. Kartik sighed in defeat and rubbed my palms to provide me strength.While I...... I was just sitting there.

"But doctor....we have been trying since past one and a half year almost two years. You say that there's no underlying problem also. So what's wrong?!", Kartik asked the doctor impatiently.

"Mr. Goenka....I've said this before also. During Naira's first pregnancy, the baby died shortly after its birth. And....(sighs) she has suffered a miscarriage also. She's physically not strong enough to conceive and carry a baby", the doctor explained and Kartik sighed, rubbing his forehead. I held back my tears and took a deep breath.

"Doctor....I'm ready to go through any surgery....no matter how difficult it is. But, I need to have a baby....I know it sounds stupid and extremely stubborn but...........I'm longing for one", I said, my voice shaking and Kartik held my hand tightly and rubbed my back.

The doctor sighed and looked at us.

"Naira.......your egg is unable to mature due to PCOS and if at all it matures, it doesn't implant in your uterine wall", the doctor declared and we looked at her confused.

"PCOS?", I asked her clueless.

"Polycystic Ovary Syndrome", she replied.

"Can't it get cured?", Kartik asked her.

"I don't think it can. Almost 40% women have this syndrome. But miraculously.......some of them get pregnant also. There's still ray of hope Naira", the doctor assured and I smiled at her.

"Really??", I asked excited.

"Yes Naira.....but I still suggest you to consider IVF and surrogacy options", the doctor said and my smile disappeared.

I didn't wanna go through this artificial techniques....and never in the hell wanted some other woman to carry my baby!!

I wanted it to happen naturally.............like it did.

Kartik noticed my changed in expression.

"We'll think about it", Kartik said and the doctor nodded.

"Kartik....I'll like to do some tests on you too", the doctor said and Kartik nodded.

"Yeah sure....", Kartik stood up from his seat.

"This way...", the doctor guided him and he started to walk away that I held his hand.

I looked at him worried. He held my hand in his and kissed my forehead.

"Everything will be fine", he assured and I hugged him tightly.

Precap: Will go according to the flow....

Also...I'll start updating my other stories too.

Stay tuned to Humara Aashiyana...