||Ch 2 - First Day||

Start from the beginning

"Siya....don't become a multi tasker. Do one task at a time. Eat your breakfast and stop being glued to your phone all the time", Kartik scolded Siya and she sighed.

"What's the message?", I asked her.

"Whatever", Siya replied showing me her chats. I took her phone and read her chats.

"Good morning - Good evening"
  "How are you? - Alive"
"How was your day? - Whatever"
"Are you free? - Whenever"
"Where are u? - "Where ever"
"Who am I? - "Who so ever"
"Can we talk? "Whatever"

I looked at Siya unbelievably and she shrugged her shoulders looking at me.

"That's a great talent to save time here", I remarked giving back the phone to Siya.

"You still friends with this "whatever" guy?", Kartik asked Siya.

"Evan", Siya replied.

"Yeah whatever", Kartik spoke and we looked at him shocked. Kartik realised what he just said and he choked on his food.

"This whatever thing is contagious", Kartik said drinking water and Siya sighed in disbelief.

"Oh hello people.....even I'm sitting here. Give me some attention too. Today's my first day at the fourth grade. Mom dad....act like you're mom and dad", Ahana said and we looked at her.

"Don't worry dear when Pammi Aunty is here"

We heard Pammi Aunty's voice from the door. She was standing there, showing her famous 32 teeth smile and holding gift bags.

"Pammi Aunty....!!!", all of us exclaimed in excitement and rushed towards her.

"My putars", Pammi Aunty stretched her arms to give us a hug but we just took out the gift bags from her hand and walked away from her.

"Khoteyo.....don't you have manners? All you care about is gift. What about your Pammi Aunty?", she asked and we looked at her.

"Oh yeah...formality is missing", Kartik said and we nodded in agreement.

He took the gift bags from us and made Pammi Aunty hold them once again. She was looking at us cluelessly.

"Okay....1 2 3 go", Kartik said and we rushed to Pammi Aunty.

"Oh...Pammi Aunty....so glad you're back!!", the kids said hugging her tightly.

I looked at the gift bags in her hand and tried to act surprised.

"Arey pammi aunty...is sab ki kya zaroorat thi. Aap sahi salaamt ghar aa gayi...humare liye bass hai", I spoke and Kartik nodded in agreement.

"Par main-", Pammi Aunty began to speak but Kartik took the gift bags from her.

"Accha koi baat nahi...agar aap itna bol hi rahi hain, toh phir hum rakh hi lete hain", Kartik said and I smiled. Siya and Ahana grabbed the gift bags from Kartik and started unwrapping the gifts.

"Unwrap quickly...I can't wait!", I asked them excited.

Siya and Ahana finally unwrapped the gifts and looked at each other shocked.

"What's in there?", Kartik asked them.

"Dry fruits, pen and a calendar diary", Siya and Ahana replied not excited.

We looked at Pammi Aunty unbelievably. She was laughing at us.

"You went to Japan and brought this for us?!", Kartik asked her.

"No no...this isn't from Japan. Your uncle got these things on his retirement. To be honest.....I haven't brought anything for you guys from Japan", Pammi Aunty said laughing.