Twenty-Two | Trial Ends

Alex sat on the front row waiting for Allie to arrive. The girl had said nothing to Alex, just 'be at the church' and so she sat there. Sylver sat next to her, texting Grizz to figure out what was going on. The two of them completely out of the loop in this situation. Alex looked around nervously. Not knowing what to make of the situation. She was brought out of it when Allie marched down the isle, ready to talk to them all. Dewey sat at the same table as before, his hands locked together my hand cuffs. He looked over to Alex, who just winked at him. She didn't know what was going on, but she would never let her guard down.

"I had two decisions to make. Two rulings. First, Campbell. This court is not about vengeance. It's about fairness and justice. The only evidence against Campbell, which is from Dewey himself, is unreliable. Without evidence there can be no trial. So last night, I ordered that Campbell be released from custody. It was the right thing to do," Allie had to shout the last part over the crowd as they all began murmuring amongst themselves. Not even listening to what Allie had to say about the situation. "As for Dewey... He's been found guilty for murder, and the punishment for murder is death," Allie and Alex shared a look. Both knowing that she struggled to come to that decision. Alex, having been the person who truly influenced her to make the final decision. As Will had said, they had to fear her. Both girls knew that they had to bring down harsh punishments for some. Deterrence being the main thing they could do at the moment.

"Are you kidding me?" Dewey shouted. The crowds behind him also erupting into hysterics. He turned to look at Alexandrea, who looked at him. Her heart broke slightly. She had warned him. And he pushed and pushed. He made a decision and if they let him go he could do it again. So, they had given him the worst punishment of all. Death. While she didn't show on her face the gilt she was feeling, it hit her like an avalanche. She looked away, staring forwards. Listening to the screams of others. "What? are you gonna kill me?" Alex squeezed Sylver's hand. the shouts that echoed around the room sending shivers down her spine. They wouldn't understand. They weren't in their position. The fear of an uprising pushing against them, a prisoner holding his own protest, and ignorance they had. Children, forced to act like a government. As though they had the answers for everything. But they were just teenagers, with no idea what to do.

"Let this be a warning... to anyone who even thinks about using violence on anyone in this town. We will respond. Eye for an eye." Allie explained. Dewey shot up out of his chair lurching forwards. Alex shot up, running to Allie's side, standing slightly in front of her. Dewey now locking eyes with her.

"This is not a court! You are fucking crazy. You hear me!"

"You killed a person, Dewey. What did you expect? Roses? You murder an innocent, you will die guilty," Alexandrea explained, keeping her back straight, her eyes looking down at him. She looked up at the room. "We cannot survive, if people think that it is okay to hurt and kill anyone. Like Allie said, let this be a warning. There is no room for sympathy, if you threaten the survival of everyone. If you murder an innocent, you will die guilty," She address the whole room. Her eyes scanning over. She felt powerful, but evil. All her morality telling her that this was wrong. But it scared her more, that if they had let him go... they'd also end up dead. People thinking they could get away without consequences. Cassandra had been the end of a peaceful leadership in the town. Everyone had felt it. But the people who had felt it the most, were those who had to take her place.

"You got no right! I'm going fucking kill you bitches. Then you'll be dead, just like your sisters," Alexandrea almost wanted to laugh at him. Knowing she was living for her sister. And that she would carry on her sister's legacy. And if anyone threatened that, they would go down to hell with her. "Fucking crazy bitch, What are you looking at?" Allie grabbed Alex's hand, needing the re assurance. The girl looked back giving her a timid smile and squeezing her hand. Knowing that whatever happened next, at least they had their group. Allie nodded as a tear streaked down her face. The fear overwhelming her.