suspicions

ilsa

benji, luther and i stepped into the car about to head to turtuk. i slid into the backseat while they occupied the front. 

"so, what happened to 'walking away'?" luther smirked, looking back at me. 

"i never said i would," i shot back, mustering a twisted smile (guys, if you've watched fallout, this is a reference to the scene where luther was telling ilsa to walk away from ethan if she cared about him lol).

"you know, there's something fishy about that patrick," benji expressed. a heavy silence followed. he was right. questions took over my mind, stealing the triumph over defusing the bombs. how had he met julia? why was he so eager to take ethan away? 

i ran my hand through my hair. something was nagging at me. it couldn't be this easy. something was wrong. what would i do if something happened to ethan? 

our range rover stumbled down a rocky alley, where faint strokes of a fire whisked past us. the fire that killed john lark, i thought. a shiver ran down my spine. despicable.

the orange blaze of fire seared our faces as we neared the extinguishing fire. the heat magnified its surroundings, giving it an illusion that it was nearer than it appeared to be. "hey, who are they?" benji implored, his eyebrows creasing. i squinted. four kids were shuffling around the edges of the fire, their expressions unfathomable from the distance between us.

author's note

jsjajsja a shorter part this time hehe sorry :")