Chapter 10 - Off To New York

Start from the beginning

"Ohhh" Elena says excitedly as she looks at her brother "I told you about that huh? I'd love to kick Hydras ass!"

"Can we get back on topic please." Fury says sharply, he turns to Tony and starts "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. It's an old fashioned notion."

"We're in, I mean sure you weren't even counted but well, it'll be fun." Elena says cheerfully.

Damon and Tyler shake their heads amused and Jeremy snorts in amusement. Damon whispers loudly "if she wasn't so excited to fight these guys then I think it'd be a gigantic fort party."

"That's for when we go against Thanos" Elena says with a wave of her hand.

Thor shakes his head "petty things wouldn't work on one such as him."

Elena stares at him and then glance at a Loki who is frowning in though then she looks back at Thor and smirks almost evilly "Just watch me hun"

Klaus chuckles and Kol huffs our a laugh as Kai rolls his eyes. "I personally believe it's more her personality that's the major shock."

Natasha decides to speak up and glances at Fury "So, why are these people here?"

"Let's just say that the Initiative will probably need them." Fury says as he glances at Natasha "Hopefully we'll be able to get the tesseract back easier and prevent an invasion."

"Well, unless someone else is still affected by the mind stone then that maybe prevented." Elena mutters in thought and then stands up. "It'd still be best if we all get to stark tower though, just in case. I'd rather New York not need to be blown up by trigger happy politicians."

"With how things have been going so far I say we follow the girl." Natasha says as she looks back at Fury who nods.

"We'll bring you to New York quickly." Fury says as Hulk turns back into Bruce. "That means you too Doctor."

Bruce nods as he tries to find some clothes to wear, Phil tosses Bruce a pair of jeans and a shirt, thankful that there were extras sitting around the carrier. Bruce looks at him a long moment and then nods hesitantly before glancing at everyone else who turns to let him get dressed with as much privacy as they can provide for him at the moment.

During that time Fury and Agent Phil leave the room, the others begin gathering their things so that they can leave soon as well.

Fury and Phil leave the carrier in silent dread about what will possibly come next. They're hopeful that they will come out on the other side of this situation victorious and with as little loss as possible. But that's an unrealistic notion they're sure.

Tony is quietly standing by the wall, his eyes narrowed as he looks at everyone carefully, his jaw is set as he thinks. He knows that he and the cap missed some things while both of them were out of the carrier trying to fix it up. Especially with how comfortable the others are with the idea of the young woman, the men and her adopted kids coming along now. They had to have missed quite the show while out they were out there.

He chooses not to dwell on it, they will all have to fight he supposes. A part of him looks forward too it and the other really hopes that Elena doesn't start to feel sick because unfortunately he'll feel sick too then. He'll have to find out as much about that as he can after the very likely upcoming battle.

Steven looks at the others agitated, there's many of them and if it comes to a large fight that will be a good thing. But do any of them follow orders well? Oh who's he kidding, the unexpected group that's joined them probably wouldn't listen to him even if he only told them to jump.

But he knows that they're strong, well, he knows that Klaus is strong out of that group. The rest of them however he isn't too sure about. The young woman seems to be all talk and the kids are just . .kids. But if you take into account the mess of body parts on the floor. . . That's not Hulks MO, so is it one of theirs? He'll definitely get to find out.

Then, then he'll find out how she knows about Bucky. Is he still alive somewhere out there perhaps? He was sure that his best friend was dead, now he's praying that he was wrong and he can be found as well. .

Over in NEW YORK Dr. Selvig is at the top of Stark Tower working on getting the portal opened up for the Chitauri to get through, the mind control is still in affect on him since he has been unable to fight it off.