Chapter 10

*Cynthia's POV*

I turned around, afraid. What did they mean forbidden? And what did they mean by Gamzee having his clubs?? You use them to juggle!!

"W-what?"

Vriska stood there smirking. I never really liked her that much... I don't think anyone did, really...

"I can't believe he's actually attempting this! He knows we're not allowed to. Especially him..." She said with an amused smirk.

"What are you even talking about??" I asked, confused.

"Oh i'm just saying... He isn't safe, dumbass. Especially with those clubs of his. We could all-"

"Vriska Serket!! I will have none of this! Go back to your boxcar before I get Andrew!! Now!!" I heard a femanine voice behind me yell. After Vriska huffed and walked away, I turned to see Kanaya, wearing a fashionable outfit like always.

"Thanks..." I said quietly.

"It's no trouble," she said with a smile. "She tends to get out of hand... I don't believe we've formally met before... I'm Kanaya." She said, holding out her hand.

"I'm Cynthia," i said, holding her hand and shaking it.

"Yes, I know. You're the one that Gamzee found. That was actually very nice of him, helping a person with their dream. He's been alot better..."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Well... He's had some bad moments... Really bad moments... But... I suppose we all have." She said sadly, raising her stylish shirt up, just enough to show a large circular scar. My eyes widened and i looked at her, concerned.

"What happened?? Does anyone else-"

"Oh yes, they all know... We know what happened to each other."

The giant speaker's in the big-top tent blarred with Hussie's voice, signaling that the show was over. Kanaya stopped and looked at me.

"I have to go now... Just... The next time you see Gamzee, look a little closer..." She stopped and looked at me, narrowing her eyes. "Those eyes... I haven't seen them for years..."

"O-oh," i said while rubbing the back of my neck. "Thank you...? I didn't inherit them from my parents... They're actually from my aunt... It's kind of weird..."

She looked at me with sad and desperate eyes. "W-what is your aunt's name??"

"Meg..." I said causiously. "That's only a nickname though... She didn't want to be called Rose anymore. Not sure why... I think it's a pretty name."

"You... Oh God... Rose!" She said with tears in her eyes. Soon there were green tears running down her face. I honestly didn't know what to do. I patted her on the shoulder as she cried, until Karkat walked out of the tent. His eyes widened and he rushed over to help. After informing me that Kanaya would be alright, I nodded and walked away. I didn't know what I did wrong... I walked further and further away from the tent. We weren't leaving until morning, so I had time to just walk around. It's been a long time since I spent some time with my mind. I found an open spot in a pretty good sized field, not far from the train. I sat down, staring at the vast sky, colored a dark blue dotted with small white speckles. It made me feel so small... I layed there, perfectly still thinking about what had happened... I was in a carcrash. My parents died. I moved in with my aunt. Everything was ok. I joined the circus. The circus people are trolls. I'm now dating one... This is the most fun i've had since my parents were here.

"I miss you guys..." I whispered to the ominous sky. I let a single tear slip. Something about what Kanaya said... Did my family have connections to this circus?... I've never heard of it before. It seems so odd...

I heard footsteps walking towards me and I stayed as quiet as possible. If it was Vriska, I wouldn't have anyone to help me... She's such a bitch...

The footsteps got closer, until finally someone sat down and layed beside me. It was Gamzee.

"Hey," I said with a soft smile. He smiled and turned over to where he was looking at me.

"Hey lil mama. Whatcha been doin?"

"Nothing much... Vriska tried to bug me but Kan made her go away... We talked a bit after that."

"O-oh," he said, uneasy. "What'd she say?..."

Running the conversation over in my head, i remembered what she told me to do. I looked over at him. Searching for whatever it was she wanted me to see.

"She told me to look closer..." I mumbled. He grew uneasy and stood up.

"U-uh, hey lil mama, I don't think that's a good motherfuckin idea... Let's head back... It's all up and gettin late..."

He held out his hand, pulling me onto my feet. As we walked back, he slid his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. We got back to the boxcar and slipped into our night clothes. Well... I did. Gamzee just slipped off his shirt.

Gamzee layed down, pulling the blankets back for me to get in. I crawled in beside of him and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"Hey Gamzee... What did Kan mean by look closer?"

He hesitated, but let out a small sigh. He backed away a little and gently took my hand. He ran my hand down the middle of his face, then down his chest. I could feel bumps. Almost like scars.

"Gamzee?..."

"I know you're all up and going to learn the truth sooner or later... I just... I don't want you to motherfuckin leave... I want to wait just a little longer..."

I took ahold of his hand and held it over my heart so he could feel it beating.

"I won't leave you Gamzee... Everything will be fine... And you can wait if you want. I don't mind."

He smiled, relieved.

"That's a motherfuckin miracle... Listen, I know we're all up and dating on human terms... But i just gotta motherfuckin ask you... Instead of just bein my girlfriend... Wanna be my matesprit?"

I smiled and nodded. Gamzee looked so happy... He layed back down, hugging me close to him. I closed my eyes and fell asleep...

Still, I couldn't help but wonder what happened to all of these people...