Chapter Sixteen

You and Chandler decided to take your relationship to the next level. He had been sleeping over at your apartment most nights during the week, so the two of you decided on him moving in with you. Now you wouldn't be alone. Jimmy and Chris were over at the apartment helping with the move in. They were unpacking boxes and making the apartment a home for him as well.

It had already taken half the day to move his belongings in. Everyone was getting pretty tired.

"I'm going to head out and get some coffee. Anyone else want some?" You asked.

"Coffee sounds amazing right now," Chandler smiled.

"I'll take a cup!" Chris placed down another box.

"Make that three!" Jimmy chimed in.

You grabbed your keys and headed out to your favorite local coffee shop. You picked up the coffee and made your way back to the apartment. When you got back, everyone instantly stopped talking. It was one of those moments where you walked in a room of people who were talking about you.

"Oh, y/n," Jimmy forced a smile.

"Thank you for getting us coffee," Chris thanked you with a suspicious tone.

"Yeah! Thank you," Chandler said.

"What happened when I was gone?" You called them out. "What did you guys do?"

They all looked at each other.

"So... we may or may not have broke your camera," Chandler said fast, bundling his words together.

"By we, Chandler means he. He broke your camera," Chris shrugged.

"You guys made me!" Chandler said defensively.

"We did not! It was on accident!" Jimmy pitched in.

"Okay, okay. What happened and which camera?" You raised your eyebrow.

"The camera you brought down here... the one that meant a lot to you. I was trying to put it on the shelf and Chris bumped into me... I dropped it," Chandler confessed.

You didn't know what to say exactly. The camera he was talking about was your first "high end" camera. You had saved up your money for it before you came to North Carolina. It meant a lot to you, sentimentality. You were upset but you couldn't be mad at them. It was an accident. They looked worried as to what your response was going to be.

"It's okay. You didn't do it on purpose. I can always get another one," You reassured him.

———

Once he was settled in a few days later, you found a gift on the table in the living room. It was addressed to you from Chandler. He stood in the doorway to the living room.

"Open it," He smiled.

You unwrapped the present revealing a brand new camera. It was similar to your old camera. He had gotten you a new one to replace it. You went over to him and hugged him.

"You didn't have to do this," You kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you."

"I know, but I wanted to."

——A/N——
Thank you for the idea for this chapter! :)

——A/N——Thank you for the idea for this chapter! :)