9 - Full Moon

Enjoy - And Vote :)

-December 5, San Diego CA-

I still can’t believe it, I quit today.  Four years at the job and it was all ruined by her, it’s just the fact that Rebecca was even there that got me.  I know I need the job, I still have no car and struggle with rent, but I just can’t do it.  She’s there and after she barged out I haven’t spoken to her since.  I really never expected she was like that.  I mean, she was always so nice to me—she always seemed so friendly, but for her to act like that when she had her period was unexpected.  So what if she isn’t actually pregnant?  Why does that have to ruin the entire relationship?  Sure I don’t want kids right now, but maybe one day—if she had just taken her time.

My boss was shocked when I told him.  There was no two week notice, I was just gone—he’ll have to get my shifts covered.  I didn’t tell Rebecca I left the restaurant, why should I? Well, now I’m home, my heart’s still pounding and I feel like there’s been a weight lifted off my shoulders.  I already have this planned, boxes are lined up in my hallway and I have begun packing away all my things.  I won’t be able to afford the rent for the next month.  I’m going to end up having to take the rent out of my original deposit then moving back up to my parents in Chino.

I hate the fact of being defeated, but there is one thing I wouldn’t take from my parents—money.  I know they paid for me to rent out rooms down in San Diego during the last four years minus the time I’ve been in this apartment, but I broke away—even if it didn’t end up lasting.  Maybe I’ll try job hunting a bit, but problem is I’m not sure I can find sixteen hundred a month anytime soon—getting a job like that is always so hard.

Well, good news is my thing with Rebecca hardly lasted a week.  We were together, we were in love, and then she went baby-crazy, just like that.  Sucks to think something I thought was so great would end so easily.  There’s not really much to do, in the last week I’ve had my car crushed, fell in love, broke up, quit my job, and now am planning to abandon the entire city.  Funny how things just happen. 

I still have that box of condoms; we had plans, good plans to use them all.  Is it my fault? Should have I just had sex with her and comforted her?  Maybe it’s because I let her leave.  Maybe it’s because I expressed to her I didn’t want kids.  Maybe I should make up to her, beg for my job back, and try to fix things.  No, I can’t.  If this is going to get fixed it’s going to have to come from her.  Who does she think she is just barging in like that and demanding sex.  This is her damn fault—she should have thought this through and come at it better.  Hell, maybe a nice discussion would have fixed everything—but rape—yeah that’s what I’ll call it.  That’s just uncalled for.

Well, back to pre-packing for my expected being kicked out.  No job, no car, no girl—what else is there left for me in San Diego?  Damn Aleniese, I kind of wish you never showed up in my life.  You seem to ruin everything.

-December 7, Somewhere in the Mountains CO-

Harry buried Cassandra, we had a nice little funeral—yes I went outside for it.  There wasn’t much to it, he just cleared away some snow a distance away from the cabin and dug a grave, her body was easy to lift with most its mass gone and we laid her to rest.  There wasn’t any words since neither of us really knew her and after a while Harry turned to go back into the cabin, I followed.

The next three days it was mostly just me inside.  The smell’s grown profusely worse and Harry would spend most his time outside trying to keep busy with such tasks of shoveling snow, cutting up more wood for the fire, or simply disappearing.  There’s skin and blood everywhere now inside the cabin, neither of us were willing to clean up the bloody mess I vomited after over-indulging so it just dried there with its splatter marks, and we generally avoided the center of the room where Cassandra died and the blood from the tubs ran onto the floor.