wendigos -

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 . . .
𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒈𝒐𝒔

Lola's weight fell onto the sofa after she jumped on it

Lola's weight fell onto the sofa after she jumped on it. The sleepiness began to take over her whilst she felt her eyes become heavy, letting her mind fall blank. Suddenly, a loud banging awoke the ginger as she watched Emily's slim body scurry towards them. Screaming to shut the door, Emily wiped the snow that covered her comfy clothes. "Em, are you okay?" Asked Chris, Lola watching Emily carefully.

   "I didn't think I'd make it! There was something out there. A monster, it's a monster..." Emily explained; frantically. She leaped onto the couch and fell into Lola's body as she shivered slightly. "Wait, what are you talking about?" Chris asked, Emily shook her head at the thought of this 'monster.'

   "I said there's something out there," Everyone tried to explain to Emily that this 'something' was just Josh, how he planned everything for revenge for Hannah and Beth. "No, no. Listen to me! It was after me and it wasn't human," Emily exclaimed before Lola furrowed her brows. She believed Emily, if Emily thought it was Josh, she would've calmed down. "Hold on, Em, tell us what happened."

   "I am trying to tell you! We were climbing the tower, and it fell, right into the mines. I was walking down there in the mines, and it was dark, and I found this pile — Beth's head! I found Beth's head," Emily said before they all gasped. Beth was actually dead? Lola closed her eyes at the news. "The worse part is I don't think Hannah died from the fall, not right away. Listen, in the tower, there was a radio and I got through to someone but then the tower collapsed..." Lola was happy she could get ahold of someone who could them escape this nightmare mountain.

Mike's running footsteps echoed in the living room, he caught Emily's figure and quickly hugged her before checking over for any injuries.

Then a knock happened on the door. They all froze, head facing the direction of the door before Chris and Mike walked towards it; cautiously. "I'm here to tell you what you're up against being back on this mountain. You should've never returned! I don't know why you did after what happened last year," A man holding a flamethrower announced as he barged into the cabin.

   "I don't take kindly to you kids coming up here, in my mountain—"

   "Your mountain? I'm sure the Washington's would be very surprised to hear that," Mike told the flamethrower guy. Lola glared at him before dragging his arm so he would back away from the flamethrower guy. Perhaps he was trying to help them. "Well, this mountain doesn't belong to me, but, it doesn't belong to the Washington's. It belongs to the Wendigos," He explained before Lola furrowed his brows. Wendigos... She heard of them before but thought they were legends — like vampires.

   "Now, I'm going to tell you this once. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. I got reasons, get it off my chest. There is a curse thay dwells in these mountains. Should any man or woman resort to cannibalism in these woods, the spirit of the Wendigo shall be unleashed. You're going to need to find somewhere safe," Flamethrower guy said before they all fell shocked.

They had gotten rid of one nightmare and now ridiculed with another.

   "The basement might be okay."

Flamethrower guy nodded his head in approval: "Okay. Get down there now. All of you, and wait."

   "For how long?" Asked Sam.

   "Until dawn," Replied Emily.

Mike looked down at Lola, regretting what he was about to say next: "Guys, I ran off when I heard Josh screaming."

Lola tilted her head as she faced him. She was glad Mike was safe, but angry he left Josh in his unstable state — screaming. "You heard him scream and didn't go back?" Lola asked before hitting against his arm, Mike opened his mouth to reply but only rubbed his arm.

   "Where did you leave him?"

   "In the shed..." Said Mike before Lola rolled her eyes. She detested otherwise towards Chris and Mike, she didn't want to lock Josh in the shed, where it was cold and dangerous. But they didn't listen and did so anyways. "Your friend will be dead already," Lola's eyes looked up at the Flamethrower guy with tears before she shook her head. He couldn't be dead. She couldn't lose him... again.

   "No, no! He can't be dead. Josh—Josh is strong. I know he's alive," Lola said before Mike's hand moved around her waist, stroking circles onto her hips before she pushed him off and sat besides Sam, who comforted her.

Lola watched as Chris suggested to go with The Stranger, she stood from the couch and inched closer towards them: "I'm coming with you." Mike immediately shook his head as he grabbed onto Lola's arms, trying to shake some sense into the ginger.

   "Chris and he can go get Josh. You staying with me. I'm not risking losing you too, Lola," Mike told her, his hands reaching to move some locks of hair that fell.