Chapter 2: Hey Jealousy

Hey there! Here's chapter two, a little bit early. It's been a crazy week. This chapter went through three full revisions! I'm quite pleased with the end result, though. I hope you enjoy!

--Y/N POV--
I woke up to find Lucina snuggling up to me in her sleep. I grinned as the fire in my heart flared. She really did love me... And I loved her just as much.

It pained me to think of all that she went through in her timeline. The friends she lost... Watching everything come crashing down. There were still a few nights where it got really bad, to the point where she woke up screaming. I usually had to hold her and comfort her until she calmed down.

It was at that point that I vowed never to do her harm. She deserved love, and I couldn't help but think that all I had to offer wasn't even enough.

Lucina's eyes fluttered, before they opened slightly. I smiled and kissed her on the forehead, whispering to her.

Y/N: You can go back to sleep, Luce. It's Saturday.

Lucina: Wh-what?

She had bags under her eyes. I sighed. That meant she hadn't gotten enough sleep last night.

Y/N: Shh, Lucina, just rest. Take as much time as you want.

She smiled groggily, and turned over in bed.

Lucina: Thanks, Y/N...

Within a few minutes, her steady breathing, indicating that she had fallen asleep again, had returned. I got out of bed, as silently as I could, and got dressed.

Maybe I would get a bite to eat... before I talked to Chrom about getting a larger tent for the two of us, of course.

I crept out, and started off, searching for Lucina's father.

--Timeskip--
After wandering around aimlessly for a little while, I finally found Chrom.

Chrom: Hello, Y/N! Is there anything you need?

Y/N: A-Actually, there is something...

For some reason, I always got tongue tied when talking to Chrom about things like this. Maybe it was because deep down, I felt that he didn't think I was a worthy suitor for Lucina.

But, just like me, all he wanted was to make her happy. And if I could do that, he was more than happy with me.

He stared at me, eyes wide, as if silently prompting me to go on.

Y/N: Well... me and Lucina have been thinking about... moving in together...

Almost immediately, a big smile broke onto his face, relieving a portion of the anxiety I was feeling.

Chrom: Great! I can find a bigger tent for the two of you, if you want!

I smiled back, and voiced my reply.

Y/N: That would be awesome! Thanks!

Chrom: No problem!

And then, he walked off. I exhaled, glad to have gotten that over with. Next order of business- a bite to eat. I rubbed my hands together, and set off in the direction of the meal area.

I sat down at one of the tables, and started eating our breakfast, which was stew. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head. Things may change in the Shepherds, but stew for breakfast would be here forever.

As I continued to dig in, one of my best friends, Anna, sidled up to me. She was frowning.

Anna: Y/N, business has been a bit down lately, and I need something to cheer me up. Do you think you could... play a song for me?