10. An Unexpected Visitor

Harry had returned to camp mid-afternoon, ahead of the two teams of students, and was setting up for the evening when he felt Malfoy Apparate through the camp's wards. He turned around as Malfoy muttered, 'are we alone?'

'Yes,' Harry replied softly.

Malfoy took his hand and pulled him determinedly into the tent and towards the bedroom pod before throwing himself into Harry's arms, burying his head into Harry's shoulder, his nose pressed into Harry's neck. Harry wrinkled his nose slightly; Draco smelt of the hospital and disinfectant. The blond man shuddered and Harry nudged him away, cupping his face softly. He drew their lips together. Malfoy returned the kiss forcefully, his hands running suddenly into Harry's hair, freeing it roughly from the bobble that tied it back so he could wrap his fingers into it, tugging it tightly in his fervour.

Harry understood this side of Malfoy now. This was the side that needed him desperately but couldn't speak, couldn't ask for help, and couldn't explain what had happened. Not yet, at any rate, not until Harry had completely undone him so he gruffly moaned out Harry's name in release. He pulled Malfoy into the bedroom pod and gently pushed him down onto the bed.

He'd been expecting this. During the lunch rendezvous with the students, Harry had received a message via Patronus from Ron informing Harry that he 'just needed to pop in and see him, for formalities sake'. Harry had sent his coordinates and not long afterwards, Ron and Lee Jordan appeared on the mountainside in their official Auror attire.

The students had stared in awe and intrigue as Harry hugged the Head Auror forcefully, each patting the other hard on the back in a very manly fashion before he then shook hands with the Assistant Head Auror in a remarkably friendly manner. He'd asked them to just wait a moment before they talked privately while he set the two groups on their way. Once free of an audience, Lee told him that Lucius Malfoy had passed away late-morning and the Aurors were treating the death as suspicious. It seemed Malfoy had misunderstood Narcissa's comment about Lucius falling down the stairs; when she had said he fell from the 'top', she meant the top floor, over the bannister. The reason the Aurors had appeared was because they wanted to know if Harry could provide an alibi for Draco until midnight.

Harry felt like things were suddenly unravelling too fast and beyond his control, first Lilith and then this. Certainly, he could provide an alibi, as could eight pupils of Hogwarts. He agreed to providing a memory of them sitting around the campfire, despite the fact that Malfoy was playing the guitar, something that he was sure that Malfoy wouldn't want the world knowing about. But the awkward part was after 10.30pm and the substantial period of time after the students had gone to bed. Harry knew exactly what he and Malfoy were doing during that time and he wasn't so sure he wanted to share that x-rated memory, not least because he hadn't told his bestfriend that he was in a relationship with Malfoy and this wasn't the way he really wanted to break the news. Let alone the issue that he didn't want the news being leaked to the public without forewarning Malfoy.

'Harry, Malfoy says he was with you?' Ron had said, looking at his friend quizzically. There was an implication behind the statement.

'Yes, he was. All night,' Harry's reply was short and to the point, he wouldn't deny it.

Lee raised an eyebrow. Although Harry's sexuality was old news, Malfoy's was not.

'Yes, like that,' Harry sighed. He was watching his oldest friend closely.

Ron grinned, 'I suppose it makes sense really, after all these years. Blimey,' he scraped a hand through his red hair, ruffling it softly. 'How long's that been going on?'

'Since 5th November, if you don't include the sporadic nights dating back to June '99.'

Ron's eyes widened, 'bloody hell, why didn't you tell us, mate?'