Past: Chapter 3

I woke up to a bright light from the window. I forgot to close the curtains allowing the light to go through. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision.

"Finally! You're awake!" I was shocked that I stumbled and fell.

I looked up to see who spoke and saw Rachel sitting on the chair infront of me. "Rachel, what time is it?"

"12:35." Woah! I over slept.

"Yes you did, so go get dressed up." Did I say that aloud? Wow am I a loud thinker.

"You've always been."

I shrugged her comment, "Anyways where are we going?"

"Shopping." she said excitedly.

I groaned. I hated shopping. Actually I just hate going out. I'd rather choose to do a movie marathon and lay all day than spend money and tire yourself from walking all over the mall. "Why do I have to come?"

"Cause you need clothes for later."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's the occasion later?"

"It's Mr. and Mrs. Smith's anniversary party."

Mr. and Mrs. Smith is the couple who throw an anniversary party every year and invites the whole neighborhood. They are the reason why most people believe in perfect relationships. This year is their 12th wedding anniversary. Mrs. Smith also happens to be our- Luke and I -babysitter when we were young.

"That was tonight?" I asked.

"Yup. So chop-chop! We gotta get going cause this year's theme is Neon."

Despite their old age, they always thought of a rad theme. Like last year was Hawaiian and the year before was Disney. They'd always be in a couple outfit and they're always so cute.

I changed into jeans and a long sleeved shirt, brushed my hair and was ready to go. "Let's go?"

She looks at me and sighs, probably because I wasn't girly and always wears pants. Don't judge her, she's fine with it, it's just that she said I had a perfect body and a little show would be alright. Ofcourse, I shrug it off always. "Yup! I can't wait to find you an outfit."

Oh shit! I forgot that this year she's picking my outfit this year and I can't say no to it. Last year, we did a game of poker, the loser had to do anything the winner wants and she couldn't say no. Obviously she won and she told me she wanted to choose my outfit for every party this year. From birthday parties to high school parties and apparently anniversary parties are included.

We rode to a near mall and started shopping. She dragged me to 15 different stores and we only ended up buying 3 clothing. After 2 hours of shopping, I convinced her to eat and she agreed since the party starts at 5pm and it's 3pm so she still has an hour to prepare both us.

When we got to the food court, we got food and looked for a table. I scanned the room for a table, but instead I saw 3 familiar faces. I smirked and elbowed Rachel on the ribs,

"OUCH!" she hissed in pain.

She looked where I was facing and stopped hissing. While she was still staring at them, my eyes switched to find open tables. There was one in the far corner, but it'd also mean that we'll pass by their table. "Rachel, there's a table over there."

"Hm?" was her only reply so I snapped my fingers infront of her face.

She got shocked that she did a little scream that took everyone's attention. Even the boy's.

Ashton, being his giggly self, started waving and calling us out. "Brianna and Rachel, here." he gestured to the seats.

I hesitated at first, but Rachel insisted so I gave in and walked up to them. "Hi, guys." Rachel greeted them.