8.The Empires Best

"Hello (y/n), your looking nice" Ahsoka told me smirking.
"Yeah well your not to bad yourself, are you alright"
"Yes, but I ran into one of those inquisitors thanks to your sword and help from Jill and David I managed to defeat him, I took his lightsaber crystals and made these" Ahsoka said taking out two lightsaber hilt and turned them on revealing them to be white in color.
"White I thought they were red because they like dark side people?" I asked her
"Yes they were, any crystal will turn red if someone makes it bleed, and purifying it will make it white so that's why, do you like them?" she asked me
"Yeah they're nice, so you ran into a inquisitor and you're alright what are they like,in case I run into one"

"They're not that strong in the force I think that was done on purpose, can't control them if they get too strong, how's your travels?"
"Oh, well made new friends and a frenemy almost got killed by a purge trooper" she raised her eyebrows confused"They're stormtroopers made to kill jedi, um I freed some wookies, found a jedi, met-"
" YOU FOUND A JEDI??!? "she shouted" Where are they, are-"
" Ow, my ears Ahsoka calm down, he's fine he's called Cal Kestis, ginger hair, blue lightsaber says it was from his master Jaro Tapal. As for where he is, he left offworld"

"And you didn't go with him??"
"He says he's coming back after we find chieftain Tarful he's also looking for him, says it will help him. I stook around because I want to help the wookies but sadly I don't think it's gonna be easy"
"Why not?" Jill asked barging into the conversation"What I was bored and overheard you both"
"Because Saw Guerrera is leading this rebellion and he's changed from what I remember, he may not let it show but I can't help but feel off"
"Saw Guerrera, as in the one we helped form a rebellion on their planet against the separatist, the one whose sister I couldn't save...?" Ahsoka asked slowing down at the end.
"Yes that one, and you know that's not your fault you got shot, you can't take the blame for that"
"Yeah, but I still feel like I could have done more, but your right it's in the past".

We chatted for a while longer before I had to leave"Im happy your three are ok but I have to go wookies won't free themselves not that they couldn't I mean they're massive".
"(Y/n) wait before you go after you finish on kashyk please try helping Cal we need as many jedi as we can get, join him and make sure he survives"
"Got it, but what about me huh what happens if I don't survive?" I asked jokingly
"Oh, please you'll make you've survived worse"shw said jokingly "But in all honesty stay safe, I... Be safe" she said before the transmission ended.

"Who was that?" someone asked
"Ahh" I jumped nearly dropping my communicator I turned around and saw Brak. "Jesus, don't sneak on me like that" I told him, he just continued walking towards me.
"What, planning another betrayal gonna stab us in the back again, you're people are pretty famous for that now aren't you, even to your own people".
"Look are we gonna have a problem we're both fighting for the same thing, I'm sorry for what happened to you on mandalore that was never in the plan, it was just supposed to be fake and then we would kicked you off world,no slavery or executions".I told him
"That doesn't change what happened, and how do you know about that?"
"Sean told me, he told me after getting locked up you got sold to slavery" I told him, he just growled then walked away. "Sigh, fucking Vizla, god dammit" I shouted kicking a rock off the platform.

(A day later)
Cal's pov
I just finished clearing the tomb after almost dying, one of the platforms raised from the ground and I stepped inside nd saw paintings on the wall. BD-1 jumped of my shoulder and started playing a audio log "Here it is" he began"I have finally found an intact representation of this sacred Zeffo artifact, I must thank that bounty hunter for this. My friend look closely"He said pointing"This is Miktrullvat the vault on Bogano,you can see an object in their hand"he pointed out"Based on this imagery, I believe this object allows a Force wielder to perceive the miseries of the Vault. This is the key and the guide, the Zeffo Asrium"he paused" But who would destroy images of it and why?."he asked" It requires more research, however... Our next step is clear. Find an Asrium, if any still exists"
"Hey, Cordova find what you were looking for" someone said as a mandalorian girl walked in"Because we need to get out before that thing comes back"
"Yes, we must depart, I wish you luck on your travels friend" he said before the recording ended
"An Asrium, you ever heard of it? I asked BD-1 whom just shook no." Me neither, but a key, that I understand"
" Bwoppop"BD-1 pointed out
"Yeah that girl does look like the one from kashyk, but why didn't she tell us this,would've saved us the trip, especially if Cordova was the jedi she spoke of" I said before the elevator rose up and we left.

(Two days later)
(Y/n) pov
I was sent on a mission further into the forest to look for Tarful, with Brak, Sean,Ela, Monika and Iana. "Jeez this place gives me the creeps, hey what's this?" Sean asked looking at a red looking plant,i saw it moving so I ran over.
"Sean don't touch that" I shouted at him before it lunged out at him, I grabbed my electrostaff and knocked it away before I grabbed it and cut it in two with my gauntlet blade. "Literally don't touch anything, everything on kashyk is alive and wants to kill and eat you" I told them kicking the plant away.
"Reminds me of Dathomir" Brak said poking it with his gun. I saw a glint in the distance which looked directly at Brak"Get down"i shouted at everyone pushing Brak to the ground leaving a scorch mark where his head was.
"Sniper up ahead, and squadron coming on the left rockets, flamers, etc..." Monika spotted the targets
"And the goddam snipers, who've got us pinned down" Ela pointed out.
"Iana does your replica still work?" Monika asked to which Iana noddedd"Use it, we need a clear reading where the sniper is without us losing our head then once we get that (y/n) will have to take them out with her rifle".

Before we left the base a few days ago I grabbed a simple rifle."Ok here we go" Iana said tossing out her drones while I got ready,the replica peeked its head over the rocks we were perched behind she looked around before the head got blown off and the hologram disappeared. "Ow, goddammit that hurts my eyes, two sniper north of us about ten feet above" Iana told me I spotted the glint and took the shot.
"This will be easy stupid re-" one of them said before his face got blown apart,while the other one panicked and stood up, I took another shot and hit him in the leg he then fell forward off the cliff.
"Snipers are dealt with Brak now then down"
"Now we're talking, prepare to eat dirt bucket heads" Brak shouted mowing a few down hitting a flame trooper enough that the shots when through hitting his fuel tank causing him to explode taking out a few of them. The girls and Sean finished off the rest.
I saw one left trying to run I took aim and pulled the trigger but just then my rifle pulled harshly to the side.
"Jesus watch were you're shooting" Sean exclaimed
"That wasn't me" I said
"Now then that isn't very nice of you, shooting him while he's running, I thought you had more honor than that" we looked behind us to see a black figured woman with a squadron of stormtroopers on their way in the back.
The woman wore all black with a helmet with a red line across it and a black cape."Now then if you want to live then I hope for your sake you'll tell me about the jedi that was recently here, any volunteers?" She asked igniting a red lightsaber I reached to grab a smoke grenade.
"Run, now" I shouted throwing the smoke grenade down and we all started running.
"Now that isn't nice, it didn't have be this way" she said before she dash straight towards I turned and fired forcing her to slow down and block.
"Keep going" I shouted she just get dogging and deflecting my shots, she swung at me I used my rifle to block losing it in the process, she tried again but Brak started shooting at her forcing to activate the other end of her lightsaber to block it, I took advantage and booked it catching up to everyone else, I saw a rocket trooper taking aim at us.
'If I time this right I could take the bridge out' I thought just then the inquisitor deflected a bolt back at Brak hitting him in the shoulder, she then charged at him I took my electrostaff to block it and push her back with my repulsor, then the others took fire at her and the rocket trooper shot at us.
Just before it hit us I used my repulsor to blow it back towards the inquisitor she barely had time to react just managing to stop it right before it hit her destroying the bridge and knocking her back giving us time to run.

Second sister pov
"Uggghh,..." I grunted getting knocked back a bit. 'That mandalorian' s armour looked familiar especially that symbol'. I thought
"Second sister shall we pursue them" one of the purge troopers asked
"No let them have their small victory, let them know they ran away in fear from the empire" I told him before leaving 'Regardless Ive done enough to make the jedi realize his mistake coming here and dooming these people'.

Brak's pov
After getting a good enough distance away, the mandalorian checked to make sure there was no pursuers.
'Maybe I judged her too harshly she risked herself to save me'
"There's no one following in fact they're pulling back, so I think we're in the clear" she said taking her helmet off and placing it on a log and sat down.
"Thanks" I started, she looked up at me hands on her forehead laced together"Thank you for saving my life back there"i said
"Sigh, no problem you would've done the same if it was me, look we got off on a bad foot can we just start over?" she asked "My name is (y/n) kryze" she said leaving her hand to shake.
I grabbed her hand "I'm Brak Omack" I said shaking her hand.
"Oh look at that you guys are friends now" Sean said interrupting the moment, I just growled and grabbed him by the collar and dragged him around the corner.

End
-------
I'm sorry this chapter took so long I just been busy with my other one and I kinda had a bit of writer's block. I also had the idea to write a prequel story to this to explain some things but instead I'm going to do flashbacks.