Chapter 2

I follow him across campus, it's dark but he seems to know the way.

When we get there, he turns on the light revealing a messy room. Various books lay haphazardly across the floor. A desk cluttered with papers and a laptop.

"Sorry about the mess, didn't expect to have anyone over."

"It's fine"

"You can take my bed, I'll just sleep on the floor."

I turn to look at him in surprise.

"Are you serious? I can't let you do that,this is your room"

He rolled his eyes "I'm offering you my bed and you want to sleep on the floor?"

"I don't feel right, having you sleep on the floor."

"Ok, how about we both take the bed"

I stare at him dumbfounded, not sure if he's serious.

"Are you sure?"

He sighs "Yeah, it's not a big deal."

He strips down to his underwear rather quickly. I couldn't help but notice his body. I spot more tattoos and he's skinnier than I expected. Within the time it takes for me to undress, he's already fast asleep.

I get into bed after him, careful not to wake him up and try to get into a comfortable position. I turn my back to him and close my eyes. His breathing is calming enough to make me forget about my surroundings for a moment and then I'm drifting off to sleep.

I open my eyes slowly, feeling more refreshed than I had in awhile. I could feel Jacob beside me breathing softly into my ear. It's then I realize his arms are hanging across my body and his body is against mine.

My first instinct is to try and extract myself from him, but then I reconsider. This is nice, I realized. He breathes in and out as the sunlight is streaming into the room.

I can feel him stir behind me and then he's awake.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I should have mentioned that I toss and turn when I sleep."

"It's fine"

I start to feel my heart racing as his hands brush past me as I get out of the bed. It's only then I notice something else, I maneuver myself to the other side of the room with my back to him.

Of all the times to get morning wood, now in front of a complete stranger is definitely not it.

"You can wear some of my clothes."

I turn back towards him, "Are you sure?"

"I gave you my bed didn't I? Besides you wouldn't want to wear your clothes now, they smell like beer."

I nod and go into the nearby closet. There's a wide selection to choose from.

"Left side"

Nodding I move to the left side and pick the first shirt I see, it's striped. I pick a pair of black jeans and put them on as well.

It's only then I noticed that he's watching me from the bed. He nods appreciatively, and smiles at me.

I can't help but stare back at him, with the sun shining in through the window, he looked like an angelic being. His dark hair was falling into his eyes, he swept the back in one smooth motion.

"They look good on you."

"What?"

He grins "My clothes look good on you."

I'm temporarily at a loss for words, so I continue to stare back at him as he moves off the bed and towards me.

My heart is beating fast as he maneuvers past me to the closet. He smiles at me again as he sits back down on the bed fully dressed.

"Thanks again for everything."

"Don't mention it, if you wanna hang out or whatever I can give you my number."

I nod and look around for my phone and after unlocking it I hand it over to him.

He puts his number in my phone and hands it back.

"I better get going."

As I turn to leave, I give him one last look. He waves and smiles and I close the door behind me.