Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

Dedicated to - cutietanu

Situation - Shraman dancing in preekar's sangeet where suman is still giving cold shoulder to Mr. Malhotra.

■■■■■

As the lights went off, her heart beat accelerated.  She stood with her back arched at the centre, her hands stretched to the sky making a pose. The colourful lights brighten up the stage and the rhythm started and automatically her foot tapped with the beat.

Her breath hitched when she felt him intertwining their fingers and pulled her toward himself. His one arm rested on her waist as they swayed together.

tu safar mera, hai tu hi meri manzil
tere bina guzara, ae dil hai mushkil
tu mera khuda, tu hi duaa mein shaamil
tere bina guzara, ae dil hai mushkil

(you are my journey, you are my destination too,
to live without you, O heart, is difficult.
you are my god, and you are in my prayers too,
to live without you, O heart, is difficult.)

She has always been his journey and destination too and being the part of her journey, his heart bleeds knowing he is not her destination. And now that he has fallen for the second time, it's too tough to live in her absence.

mujhe aazmaati hai teri kami
meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi
junoon hai mera, banoon main tere kaabil
tere bina guzaara, ae dil hai mushkil

(your not being there tests me.
you are necessary for every scarcity that I have. 
it's my passion that I become good enough for you,
to live without you, O heart, is difficult.)

The second they started moving, she felt right in his arms, as most of the jitters melted in pleasure and music of course. Making all the things right which are actually not, for that particular moment.

His eyes yearns and will always yearn for just one person and that is her. He wants to be hers, since the days, he didn't even know what love was and now living without her will definitely be hell of arduous.

ye rooh bhi meri, ye jism bhi mera
utna mera nahi, jitna hua tera
tune diya hai jo, wo dard hi sahi
tujhse mila hai to, inaam hai mera

(this soul that is mine, and this body that is mine,neither of them is so much mine, as they have become yours.
what you have given me, even though it's pain,
it is a prize for me, since I have gotten it from you.)

She is the rightful owner of his heart and soul and if she wants to hurt him then that too is fine because whatever is given by her is like a prized possession.

The way he is lip syncing the lyrics, she felt the intensity flowing through his eyes, as if he concurs every single word he is voicing out.

mera aasmaan DhoonDhe teri zameen
meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi
zameen pe na sahi, to aasmaan mein aa mil
tere bina guzara, ae dil hai mushkil

(my sky looks for your earth,
you are needed for every shortage of mine.
if not on earth, at least meet me in the sky,
to live without you, O heart, is difficult.)

He was always on a look out for her. His days used to start at her place and end thinking about her smiling face. If not in this life, they will definitely meet in an alternate universe because its difficult to live without her.

maana ki teri maujoodgi se
ye zindagani mehroom hai
jeene ka koi dooja tareeka
na mere dil ko maaloom hai

(I get that this life of mine 
is bereft of your presence,
but then my heart doesn't know 
any other way to live.)

He knows, his life is like those drooping and curling leaves which uncurls and straight up only after getting water, just like that, his life will be happy when he will get his sustenance of living because he knows no other way.

tujhko main kitni shiddat se chaahoon
chaahe to rehna tu bekhabar
mohtaaz manzil ka to nahi hai
ye ek tarfa mera safar..

(I love you with so much intensity,
if you want to remain unaware of it, remain so.
this one sided journey of mine,
is not dependent on reaching the destination.)

Be unaware of his love if you want it that way because he has come a long way where even if he is not her destination, his love for her won't change even an ounce.

The steps are flowing between them like a sigh slipping against a silk pillow. His short and trembling breathes brushed her hair, making her skin horripilated.

safar khoobsurat hai manzil se bhi
meri har kami ko hai tu laazmi..
adhoora hoke bhi, hai ishq mera kaamil
tere bina guzaara, ae dil hai mushkil

(this journey is more beautiful than the destination,you are necessary tu fulfill every scarcity of mine.
Even though incomplete, my love is complete
It's difficult to live without you, O my heart.)

One sided love has its own power and potential. It never fades with time you just get habitual of that empty void. It is incomplete, yet so complete with all the memories shared between two souls.

"Does this too comes under the favours you are doing to me these days?" His deep baritone voice came from too close. She sighed and looked straight in those rheumy dark brown eyes.

She knows, her impolite behaviour is bruising his heart and still he is here, by her side. Typical Shravan Malhotra!

"Not until i step on your toes." She gave him her sumo's wicked smile and just like that world is again a happy place for him to live in.

■■■■■■

So here is another one :)

Tell me how's it. I am waiting!!!

Read, vote and comment❤