Channa Mereya

Dedicated to- Writer_me14

Situation-  The scene when aditya was writing his name with heena on suman's hand and shravan walks in.

■■■■■■■■

Shravan entered with a smile on his face but the scene in front of him made his blood boil. Aditya is writing his name on his sumo's hand. She is not my sumo anymore.

But still it hurts to see her smile when the reason is that aditya. Shravan remembered the time when he saw the letter S written on her hand. Just for a mere second he thought this S belonged to him but he was wrong. I was always wrong. I was neither the person she ever wanted nor i can be now.

He turned to walk out but a faint thought stopped him. She should know what i am going through, right? Best friends should share everything with each other. When she was with me in my happy times then she should know my grief too.

All head turned to shravan when he stood at the centre of the living room with a mic in his hand.

achchha chalta hoon
duaaon mein yaad rakhna
mere zikr ka 
zubaan pe swaad rakhna

(okay, I'll leave now.
remember me in your prayers,
keep the taste of my mention
on your tongue)

His lethal stares are piercing her soft ones. Her fake smile dropped when she heard him. It is like his glares are tearing her heart apart.

He is trying to convey, this is the last time he is here. He won't come tomorrow because being her best friend he has done all the arrangements but her being his only love, he can't see her marrying someone else.

dil ke sandookon mein
mere achchhe kaam rakhna
chiTThi taaron mein bhi
mera tu salaam rakhna

(keep my good deeds 
in the boxes of the heart,
and keep my greetings
even in letters and telegrams)

Reminisce the happy moments with a bright smile which makes his heart beat faster. Even if it is one sided and there is no reciprocation, keep remembering him in the letters.

andhera tera maine le liya
mera ujla sitaara tere naam kiya
channa mereya mereya
channa merya mereeya
channa mereya mereya beliya
o piya..

(I have taken your darkness,
and my bright shining star is yours now.
O my moon,
O my, my moon,
O my boleved moon..
O beloved)

Since the school days, all her flaws and scars were his and he tried his best to take all her miseries away, doesn't matter if it was related to her home work, mamiji's taunts, her fears and the agony behind her bright smile, he was there for her. Even being a aloof kinda guy, he always initiated conversations when he was with her except their first meeting.

mehfil mein teri
hum na rahein jo
gham to nahi hai
gham to nahi hai
kisse hamaare, nazdeekiyon ke
kam to nahi hain
kam to nahi hain.
kitni dafa subah ko meri
tere aangan mein baithe maine shaam kiya

(if I am not there in your gathering,
there is no sadness,
there is no sadness..
stories of ours, of our closenesses,
aren't less,
they are plenty.
so many times I have turned 
my mornings into evenings sitting in your courtyard
that is I have so many times passed my time there)

And perhaps its true, no one will notice his absence because he has never been the centre of attraction in her life or in anyone's life except his father.

Everyone is familiar with their cordial relationship since the start and even share many stories of their fondness and fights with each other.

channa mereya mereya
channa mereya mereya beliya
o piyaa.. 

(I have taken your darkness,
and my bright shining star is yours now.
O my moon,
O my, my moon,
O my boleved moon..
O beloved)

Channa means the moon, the one with so many flaws yet perfect, the one with craters of love deeper than the ocean, the one which lights the dark night.

Maybe its right, there is no love if it doesn't give you pain.

tere rukh se apna raasta moR ke chala..
chandan hoon main apni khushboo chhoR ke chala..
mann ki maaya rakh ke tere takiye tale
bairagi bairaagi ka sooti chola oRh ke chala

(I am turning my path from your direction,
I am sandal, leaving my fragrance with you
leaving my heart's desires under your pillow,
this ascetic wraps the cotton cloth of an ascetic and leaves)

His heart is literally crying as he blinked his red eyes still locked with her mushy eyes. Everyone is still at their places as the shouting silence is engulfing them.

Not being able to face others, he turned around with his head hung low and moved to go out. But stops when he felt her fingers interlacing with his and he let her drag him where ever she wants.

He sat on her bed edge while she locked the door. For a minute silence prevailed. He swathed her hands away when she came in front of him and tried to hold his face.

She again tried this time hugging him, he didn't react for a few second but when she sobbed, his arms went around her waist and face in the crook of her neck, sniffing her fragrance he sighed holding her close to him. This is where he belongs.

Getting out of his arms a few minutes later she tried to wipe his tears but he hold her arm, his eyes glancing at her mehendi, which is all ruined by now, with full of hatred.

She grabbed a tissue paper and tried to remove the mehendi while his eyes are shooting daggers at her hands.

She showed him her hands, giving him a okay-now look. He shook his head

"Abhi bhi usska naam likha hai tumhare hath par" he said looking at the faint aditya written on her palm.Intertwining her fingers with his, she sat on his lap giving him a slight shock

" Yeh kuch time mai mit jaega shravan kyuki meri lakiroon mai to tumhara naam likha hai." She said placing her head on his chest while his hands  rested on her waist and after so many wrecking days his face finally held a genuine smile.

"Toh Mr. Malhotra shaadi karoge mujhse?" She swaned her neck to get a look of his perfect face

He scooped her in bridal style suddenly and got a yelp from her.

"Kya kar rahe ho shravan?" She questioned in surprise

"Hum shaddi karke ja rahe hai. Mai risk nahi le sakta kya pata madam ka mood kab badal jae." He said holding her firmly in his arms.

She gave him a are-you-serious look and both burst out laughing. Maybe now there will be more smiles and less suffering.

■■■■■■■■

I am sorry for being so late as i was working on another story obvioualy but i will try to update it weekly now onwards.

I hope you guys like it :)

Have a happy read!

❤❤❤