"What?!", I was shocked with the large amount. "Where can I get that much money?"

"You don't have to pay it all at once", the doctor said. "You can start out by paying 350,000 every two weeks"

"That's still a lot, considering that I still have to pay for the room", I muttered. "Thank you, doctor. I'll do my best to pay in time"

"You can start paying now", he said and guided me to the cashier.

I went to pay for the treatment first and the first week of the room payment and it totaled up to 375,000 won. I paid it all thankfully, but I was left with barely 15,000 won.

"What am I supposed to do now?", I asked, massaging my temple. "I can only receive the money at the end of the contract"

I decided to brush it off when I came back inside the room of my brother and decided to talk with him the whole time, trying to get rid of the thought of the multiple things I needed to pay.

The time I left Jungwoo, it was already time that I needed to head to the company. I walked there, thinking of a way on how I could make quick cash. I made it to the company a couple of minutes later and headed towards the janitor's room to put on the uniform.

I sat down on the bench when I finished putting on the uniform and held back my tears. I was already stressed with school, then this part time job, now the medical bills.

"Hey! You're going to get lost in space if you keep thinking like that"

"Shut up, Haechan", I said with an annoyed tone. "I'm not willing to put up with you now"

"Who got you in a bad mood?", he asked, looking at me. He pointed at my eyes. "You're about to cry"

"No shit sherlock", I deadpanned and tears started falling down my cheeks. I covered my face and cried in front of him, not caring anymore. "Why does life have to be such a bitch"

"I get you, it's always a bitch", he tried comforting me. "I know we aren't so close, but what happened to make you breakdown like this?"

"My brother's medical bills are so expensive. I'm not sure where I can get money to pay for it", I cried. "I just wish I could win the lottery"

"You know, you can borrow money from me", he suggested. "It's better than trusting loan sharks"

"You wouldn't be working here if you had enough money for me to borrow some money", I said, looking up to him. "And that CEO is so selfish, I wish he would slip and get hurt"

There was a silence between the two of us.

"I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the two of us need to start working", he said.

"Oh right, I forgot", I said and wiped my tears. "Let's start cleaning"

The two of us then went out to start cleaning. When we reached the third floor, Haechan suddenly grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me over to a corner.

"What are you doing?", I asked.

"I'm making your wish come true", he replied.

He told me to stay where I was which was at a corner and he brought the cart with him and mopped the floor, but spilling some water but not making it too obvious. After that, he brought the cart back and we both hid behind the corner of the wall.

"He's about to walk there, just wait for it", Haechan said and two people were about to walk on the mess that Haechan made.

I spotted the CEO who immediately slipped the moment he walked over it and Haechan and I started chuckling. That's when I realized that it could've been caught on camera.

"Are you happy? Did it make you smile?", Haechan asked me.

That was when I also realized that Haechan had his hands on my shoulders as we peaked around the corner to witness the CEO slip. He stared into my eyes, waiting for my response.

"Yeah, that probably made my day", I smiled. "But what if we get caught?"

"Don't worry, I broke the security camera here", he said with a smirk. "Now, run to the girls' bathroom and hide there until I call for you. I'll take care of everything"

"Wait, but—"

"I said go!", he said in a whisper shout.

I couldn't do anything else but run to the girls' bathroom and hide in one of the stalls.

"Why does he have the guts to do all of that?"

[a/n: to those who read this chapter a little later, i posted a special playlist chapter and i moved it to the beginning of the story! but if you're an early reader, it should be right after this chapter! this chapter took long to write since i ha...

[a/n: to those who read this chapter a little later, i posted a special playlist chapter and i moved it to the beginning of the story! but if you're an early reader, it should be right after this chapter! this chapter took long to write since i had to do some research on the disease and its treatment :< ]