Prologue

"Quick! Make haste and be silent", a man concealed in the shadows of the night whispered.

Alon hurriedly wrapped the sleeping baby in a golden blanket. Her adorable baby girl with thick lashes and a very thick crown of brown tresses. She was only a year old and yet she's about to be separated from her.

Her heart ached and tears of sorrow rolled down from her eyes. She already misses her. She does not know what will become of her baby without her but she trusts that the heavens will guide her.

"Don't worry, Alona. Your child will be fine. Although she will not live luxuriously befitting a tribe Princess but atleast she will be free from the threats of Queen Marikit. One day, she will come back and you will be reunited with her", uttered the Chief healer.

Taking comfort from the Chief Healer's words, Alona nodded.
"I understand, Punong Babaylan."

She removed her ring, a treasure given to her by the Datu and placed it on the child.

After, checking and gazing at her daughter Alona turned to the man in the shadows.

"Agila, take care of her. Malaya... Her name is Malaya."

Alona carefully placed the bundle to the man's arms.

"I will. Goodbye, Alona."

Having said that, the man left quietly with the child. Never to be seen for a long, long time.

.....................................

Chapter 1 will follow right away.
Please leave a comment or vote 😉
Thank you!