"It sure looks like it."

Gathering my strength, I pushed at his chest, "I'm not. Just a little curious, you know."

Thankfully, his phone rang and saved us from having this conversation.

***

I was uncomfortable. So damn uncomfortable.

Minseo leaned over towards me, excitedly talking to me like Taehyung isn't sulking beside her right now because of how much attention she was giving me.

"You might want to turn your attention to Taehyung," I said, trying not to come off rude. "He's sulking."

"Ah, Taehyung? He's always sulking," Minseo said, brushing it off.

Taehyung hooked an arm around Minseo's neck and hauled her towards him, "Stop bothering Yumi noona and eat your cotton candy."

Minseo pouted at that. "Can I call you unnie then?"

I wanted to tell her no. I didn't want to continue pretending that we're all a big happy family because we're not. I wanted to get out of this "family" as soon as I can because I'm exhausted and done with everything.

Instead, I just sighed and said, "Do as you wish."

Minseo beamed at that before giving me her cotton candy. "Here. For you, unnie."

I smiled, though it was tense and fake.

She's a bit like Seyeon, I thought to myself, my eyes swinging to her. Like always, she was in Yoongi's face, annoying him and poking him while giggling. As for Yoongi, he just ignored her, though there was a small smile on his face as he kept his eyes ahead of us. Hoseok and Jiyeon were being all lovey-dovey, feeding each other and smiling. They were in their own little world, you know? As for Taehyung, he was still sulking with Minseo trying to cheer him up while laughing. Namjoon and Jungkook were talking to each other while looking at the fireworks.

Shifting my gaze to Seokjin, I felt my heart skipped a beat at how good he looks from being so close to me. We may have been married for almost a year but I can never get used to his good looks.

Yeah, I thought to myself as I quickly averted my eyes to the dark sky once more. You're not mine to keep.

~Seokjin~

They all went their own separate ways. Seokjin wanted to head to his own apartment and drag Yumi with him since he knows the house will be empty tonight.

Seokjin switched on the lights. "You didn't have to be so rude tonight, you know."

"Are we seriously going to start arguing?" Yumi asked, tiredly. "I'm sick of being around you."

"Likewise."

Yumi shook her head. "You need to just back off."

Seokjin wanted to laugh at that. Like it'll be easy to do that. The two were practically married and forced to be with each other until one of them break. He watched as Yumi walked towards the kitchen and made herself tea. Leaning against the counter, he just watched her in silence.

Yumi didn't look at Seokjin and just continued doing her thing. He debated forming an alliance with her but then it hit him. That man was her father after all. He couldn't get Yumi to turn against her father. After all, that's why she decided to marry him, right? Because she wanted to protect him.

When Yumi was done, she turned to go to her room but Seokjin reached out and grabbed her wrist to stop her from doing so. It worked so Seokjin took the mug from her hand, placing it on the bench before grabbing her by the waist and planting her on the kitchen bench.

Yumi didn't struggle like he thought she would and instead, she just looked at him, waiting for him to speak. So that's what he did. He asked the question that's been bothering him for the past year.

"Why did you agree to marry me?" Seokjin asked her, hands on either side of her body, leaning towards her. "You could have walked away if you wanted to. This issue with your father had nothing to do with you."

Judging from how hostile she is around men and especially when her father's mentioned, Seokjin wanted to know why.

Yumi glanced at her mug before shifting her gaze towards Seokjin, "I know that."

"Then why?"

She said nothing. Seokjin hates it when she's like that. During the times when Seokjin needed her to talk, she doesn't bother. The times he wanted her to shut up, she speaks.

Seokjin opened his mouth, about to say something but Yumi cut him off, speaking in a soft voice. "Because it looked like you were in pain."

He stared, not moving an inch.

Yumi lifted her eyes to meet his. "I know pain," she said and then smirked, "Shocker."

He narrowed his eyes at her. What?

Yumi placed her hands on his shoulder, trying to get him to move but he didn't. "I must have pitied you. Your family. Your members," she paused. "You."

Seokjin blinked at her. That wasn't what he was expecting to hear.

She averted her eyes from his, "I figured, if marrying me might get rid of that look on you, I don't mind it. It's not like I had better things to do... well, I do but none of that matters now. Besides, my father would have chased me to the ends of the earth and dragged me back even if I didn't accept this marriage."

Seokjin took a step back and Yumi jumped down from the counter, grabbing her mug before glancing up at him. For the first time since he met Yumi, he saw her eyes filled with emotions that made it hard for him to breathe. "But you know what, Seokjin?"

Seokjin's eyes stayed on her.

"I should have run even if my father dragged me back," she whispered. He watched as her lips curled into that empty smile of hers. It didn't reach her eyes. Her smiles never does. She just looked defeated and done. Her eyes watered as she whispered, "Because it wasn't worth it."