"I just came by to see my beautiful baby and to take her to lunch" he said leaning I for a kiss. It was just a small peck, but I wanted more. I pulled his face back towards my lips before he could fully pull away. Once I pulled a way I smiled at him. "Alright now girl, keep playing" he said smacking my ass. I laughed.

"I actually am free for lunch" I said gathering my things. I had planned on leaving early today anyway, so why not grab lunch with my honey. I meet Kane about 5 months ago, it was right around the time I was beginning to become happy in life again. The first month I really didn't pay him any mind because I was still working on myself but he was being so consistent that I couldn't help put give him a chance and we've been happy every since. The relationship is still relatively new and we're still getting to know each other though. Once I had all of items, I headed out my office locking the door behind me. "Hey Nicky, I'm leaving for the day. Once you file the papers for the new clients, you can leave as well. If anyone calls before you leave, take a massage if it not an emergency and I'll get to it Monday. Set the voice mail to the second greeting and I'll see Monday at 1" I said to my assistant.

"Ok have a nice weekend" she said. I said my goodbyes to her and was lead to Kane's G wagon. I loved this car so much. I think it's the next one I'll by. I've been working like crazy these past 18 months and my savings was looking too nice. I broke down about 6 months ago and finally bought a new car, it was a brand new range rover and I was looking to by a house. I've think I've outgrown my current place both financially and physically.

"So how was your day babe" Kane asked, as he got into the driver side of the car.

"It was good actually. Didn't do much but sign my new client" I said as if it was nothing.

"I hate when you do. Come one babe this is something to celebrate, I'm so proud of you. Let's do dinner tonight too" he said. Kane was always getting on to me because he felt like I downplayed my accomplishments too much. He has to understand that for a year straight I was basically keeping to myself, so celebrating my accomplishments was something I rarely did.

"Yea I know babe but you know me I've gotten used to not celebrating these things" I said rolling my eyes. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"I know babe but it's ok we're going to get you used to celebrating these things...starting tonight" he said looking at me. I smiled. He was so thoughtful. I was about to say ok but then I thought back to the conversation I had with Chris this morning.

"That's so sweet baby but today is one of my friend's birthday and I think I'm going to stop by to his party for a few hours tonight" I said sighing. I really didn't want to go but I knew I needed to see my friends, plus I never go out anymore. Before Kane came along it was just me in my apartment sipping on some whine and now it's me trying to get Kane to try different whines with me.

He laughed a little "and why does it sound like you don't want to go" he asked. I never really told Kane why I had become a loner and today wasn't the day I was going to tell him.

"Just used to being by myself" I said keeping it short.
"You so damn anti" he said shaking his head. I shrugged my shoulders. "Well how about this, I drop you off, that way when you're ready to go I can just swing by and get you and you can use me being your ride as an excuse to leave. Plus, you can drink a little and let your hair down" he said. I thought about for a moment and agreed.

After another 5 minutes of being in the car, we pulled to a restaurant that I had been craving for lunch. I smiled. He does these little things like remembering small details from our conversations. Once we had lunch he took me back by the office so I could get my car and then he headed back to work. Deciding the pamper myself for the remainder of the day I went and got a mani and pedi. Once that was done I went back to my place and decided to take a little nap before it was time to get ready for this party.